• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is Style inspo still a thing? I don't really see it much any more, at least outside of CM.
Like a single human that people want to dress like or blogs and things that people follow to get "inspo"?
During the Tumblr days and early Pinterest and IG days when Wooster was reposted a million times and there were pictures of Steve McQueen and Marlon Brando all over the place, which I still see in CM spaces.
I remember thinking Eugene Tong was awesome (I still think he dresses cool... I just wouldn't think of emulating him).
Anyway, I'm just curious because I don't really see it much anymore but ~5 years ago that seemed to be one of the core foundations of all of those apps. Maybe because all of the people that used to repost those things are now posting their own fits?

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is Style inspo still a thing? I don't really see it much any more, at least outside of CM.
Like a single human that people want to dress like or blogs and things that people follow to get "inspo"?
During the Tumblr days and early Pinterest and IG days when Wooster was reposted a million times and there were pictures of Steve McQueen and Marlon Brando all over the place, which I still see in CM spaces.
I remember thinking Eugene Tong was awesome (I still think he dresses cool... I just wouldn't think of emulating him).
Anyway, I'm just curious because I don't really see it much anymore but ~5 years ago that seemed to be one of the core foundations of all of those apps. Maybe because all of the people that used to repost those things are now posting their own fits?
"To have a good instance of qualitative populism we no longer need the Piazza Venezia in Rome or the Nuremberg Stadium. There is in our future a TV or Internet populism, in which the emotional response of a selected group of citizens can be presented and accepted as the Voice of the People." - Umberto Eco, Ur-Fascism (1995)

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fortunately, Eco is wrong 50% of the time

Oldsrocket27

Reaction score
I'm gonna wade in late on the turkey discussion as a professional to say that it is indeed all about properly seasoning and not overcooking it. "Dry brine" is one way of looking at properly salting and seasoning meat, but let's not kid ourselves, you need to cook any meat only just as much as it should be, not more and not less. Some meats are forgiving, but turkey isn't. If it's not done right, it's done wrong.

I don't know fuckall about the history of holidays, but I don know if there's a reason for you to pay me extra to make you a "special" meal I'll take that ******* money.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, man, I dry cure my turkey for four days before I roast it and it’s off the hook.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back in Tokyo, my first observation from a cursory view of fashion magazines and street style here is that the return of wider pants is now strting to go to extremes with ridiculously wide and sloppy long pants. It's really not a good look for most people. Be warned...

MaiLam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Until the end of today, Alpha Shadows are doing 50% off all new season (automatic at checkout). Some pieces from Bode, Boncoura, orSlow etc available. Apparently they're not closing down, so must be needing to raise cash for something quickly

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was actually shopping ebay last night for my costume...

Debated actually buying a pair of Vuarnets but I went with some cheapies from Zenni Optical instead.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads