• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's a replica. The real one is elsewhere.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
my wife's first-year college roommate was named Liberty Bell and once she got trashed and *********** on the door room floor. and left it there instead of cleaning it up.

i'm not making this up.

i should ask if Liberty Bell was from Philly. not that it matters since she embodies the city even if she's not actually from it

Well you are not getting retweeted by Mayor Kenney.

goop posts read like a self parody

View attachment 1218178

“Psychological astrologer?” Ooof.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@cyc wid it I'm trying to prove that via google but I'm not having any success. do you have a link?

This is what was communicated to me - I've never bothered to check as it fits my narrative of thinking Philly is awful (especially their sports fans).

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is what was communicated to me - I've never bothered to check as it fits my narrative of thinking Philly is awful (especially their sports fans).

Yeah, Park Service probably had to go down and steal the one that's missing from D.C. Real Liberty Bell is on some guy's artificial turf front lawn near 5th and Tasker, next to a water feature statue of St. Anthony.

Which is to say, interesting story and you were probably offered the Tacony–Palmyra Bridge at an excellent price as well.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't want to badmouth a particular vendor. But I made a purchase back on July 26th, and waited a couple days and didn't receive a shipping notification. I then felt some relief once I received a confirmation my item shipped. However, its now August 5th, and when I input the tracking # on the USPS site it says status; "pre-shipment". I payed extra for priority mail, and i've emailed about it with no response. I guess nothing to do, but just have more patience? I recently bought from vrients and ssense, and I received the items in two days standard shipping. So, a little perturbed about the service to say the least.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't want to badmouth a particular vendor. But I made a purchase back on July 26th, and waited a couple days and didn't receive a shipping notification. I then felt some relief once I received a confirmation my item shipped. However, its now August 5th, and when I input the tracking # on the USPS site it says status; "pre-shipment". I payed extra for priority mail, and i've emailed about it with no response. I guess nothing to do, but just have more patience? I recently bought from vrients and ssense, and I received the items in two days standard shipping. So, a little perturbed about the service to say the least.

Please name the vendor so I can thank them.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought you want to help the browns like me. You should call all your bleeding heart friends and demand immediate action!

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lane's been walking the streets at night
Just trying to get his shipping date right
yeeeeah yeeeah

Reactions: msg

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
USPS tracking is notoriously useless. The guys never bother scanning anything, so you cannot ever rely on it.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well, that's great to hear. Hopefully that is the issue.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I lived in Philadelphia for a couple of years quite some time ago when the city (as well as most Northeastern USA cities) was in worse shape than it is today.

I really liked living there. Major sports teams, major college basketball, great restaurants, excellent art museum, good music. Not much of a clothing city, but many other things that interest me.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
goop posts read like a self parody

View attachment 1218178
Honestly, if they can make a living with this ****, good for them. If I wouldn't get laughed out of town, I'd spend the rest of my life training to be a ******* wizard. The magic is out there. I just don't have the time between my 9-5 job and taking care of the family to go find it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads