• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lemaire straight collar shirts are my go to, it's got a few details that make it interesting and i just really like the cut of them.
There are generally always seem really nice ones from Jil every season, but if you want something classic for the office you have to be picky, most of what has been made since the Meiers took over are a bit more fashion-forward for lack of a better word (oversized, cropped, overlong, hidden placket, reverse panels etc).
It sounds like you should probably buy a couple of those Raf CK ones while you can though.

An on topic of Oxfords, i got a Muji oxford last week and like it way way way more than any of the uniqlo ones ive ever had.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What happened to the uniqlo oxfords?

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@dieworkwear have you handled Kamakura’s new one piece collars?

steveoffice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
why is visvim 101 jumbo damaged almost double the price of regular one... :bored:

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Made a $200 purchase through ebates for $8 cash back. 11 cash back update emails later the same order# is being recorded by ebates as $3000+ with $120+ cash back. Each email increased the order subtotal by increments of $200-400. Weird stuff. Their cs is trying to sort it out. This happen to anyone else recently?

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can anyone tell me why this terrible website grailed took over the secondary clothes market for men recently? It only has resellers who try to recoup the cost of the purchase or sell absolutely damaged clothing for more than half of retail cost. Even hosting scammers without any consideration for buyers - as it brings them revenue. While at the same time posing as some fashion critique website, which reads like hypebeast II.

It wouldn't be an issue to me if there were alternatives, but i've yet to find anything. It seems like if people are selling used they flock there. Its become the defacto website for used goods, and laughably has items, which are "grailed" way over an acceptable price. You use to be able to find items from older collections at an almost fast-fashion level price, but thanks to "hype" its caused a hivemind to justify skyrocketing prices. I could only imagine being some streetwear schmuck buying supreme nowadays.

Dashing Chris

Reaction score
It's 2018, and time for a new Random Fashion thread.

It's not so much a reset as a continuation of our (the Styleforum community's) rambling discussion that ended off with Dicken's quotes (Thanks @ManofKent ), new glasses to replace those broken in New Year's Eve fights, Kapital Blanket Ring Jackets, @g transistor 's Kafka-esque feet:

and discussions on working at Matches Fashion (if you do, I expect a nice, hefty discount and an affiliate vendor account here - they would be awesome) which may or may not be located in a building called "The Shart".

In short, this thread will be the continuation of a long tradition of what makes Styleforum great - our community of men's clothing nerds at the neighborhood pub, posting back and forth about whatever random fashion thought falls out of your brain.

To anyone new, don't be intimidated. Join in the conversation. We don't bite (much).

Cheers,

Fok.
I think there would be a time comes where we need to goodbye to the sneaker, how many people agrees? ;)

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can anyone tell me why this terrible website grailed took over the secondary clothes market for men recently? It only has resellers who try to recoup the cost of the purchase or sell absolutely damaged clothing for more than half of retail cost. Even hosting scammers without any consideration for buyers - as it brings them revenue. While at the same time posing as some fashion critique website, which reads like hypebeast II.

It wouldn't be an issue to me if there were alternatives, but i've yet to find anything. It seems like if people are selling used they flock there. Its become the defacto website for used goods, and laughably has items, which are "grailed" way over an acceptable price. You use to be able to find items from older collections at an almost fast-fashion level price, but thanks to "hype" its caused a hivemind to justify skyrocketing prices. I could only imagine being some streetwear schmuck buying supreme nowadays.
I, for one, am grateful for it. I’ve picked up several NOS items that I’ve never seen anywhere else for reasonable prices. Leder shirts from a guy in Germany, Nigel Cabourn Japan from a guy in Australia... there is a fair amount of junk and terrible sellers to wade through, though. But, it’s much more effective than eBay.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I, for one, am grateful for it. I’ve picked up several NOS items that I’ve never seen anywhere else for reasonable prices. Leder shirts from a guy in Germany, Nigel Cabourn Japan from a guy in Australia... there is a fair amount of junk and terrible sellers to wade through, though. But, it’s much more effective than eBay.

Yeah as an app, it's incredibly easy to use. Problem is the users, not the technology and as Facebook/Youtube, etc have shown companies can't really do much about the content.

steveoffice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Outside of one time I tried to sell my regrettable Yeezy’s, I’ve had positive experience buying and selling on grilled.

If u r into brands highschooler like then yeah it might be a headache...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads