• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, all. I checked out S&A and saw this RRL shirt that most resembles what I'm looking for (as long as it's not too heavy):

I'll have to save up a bit, though. I currently have an Uniqlo denim shirt from a few years back that I love, but it's a button-down like the Portuguese Flannel shirts.

TONY shirtmakers has a nice western shirt if you're looking for a dark wash. not sure if greg and co will restock for this fall but i think you can do special orders too.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I tend to like more modern cuts vs repro even though I love the patina on that one, dieworkwear. The APC sounds good too. I don't want to spend too much time hunting. Think this lee.com version is worth a try? APC have one but in super light wash with quilting, not really my thing. This one looks like Fumma's pretty cool, but I kinda prefer the 101 design.
@peachfuzzmcgee @dieworkwear @Baron @Fuuma

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I tend to like more modern cuts vs repro even though I love the patina on that one, dieworkwear. The APC sounds good too. I don't want to spend too much time hunting. Think this lee.com version is worth a try? APC have one but in super light wash with quilting, not really my thing. This one looks like Fumma's pretty cool, but I kinda prefer the 101 design.
@peachfuzzmcgee @dieworkwear @Baron @Fuuma

I saw a cool one from Henrik Vibskov recently

Maxwellll

Reaction score
Umit Benan and Barbanera both got a bunch of nice western shirts, on sale at the moment too

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Appears that Kapital has a nice one. It appears on Mr. Porter, which is running a 20% off promotion for today only.

I had my eye on this, but it's about $10,600 more than I wanted to spend.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
if you just want a denim jacket that doesn't have a bunch of design bullshit that drives the prices up by hundreds of dollars, either go with a 100% cotton lee, something from levi's (or even LVC on sale) or one of the cheaper tiered Japanese repro brands, ie TCB

https://www.denimio.com/tcb50sjkt-tcb-50-s-jeanjacket-denim-jkt-type-2nd.html?___store=default this looks great for $189 if you want something raw

or nudie

buying something like this from kapital or even blue blue/pure blue defeats the point...

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nothing against $200 jackets, but the interwebs fairly overflows with cool vintage for like $30-$50. 80s Polo is good, simple, and not overlarge, while 90s RRL can be found for cheap. (The funny thing is a lot of it is the same as the 80s Polo). Can’t beat 90s denim jackets for that light blue color, too, if that’s your thing.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
you (or someone) should buy this geller x levi's jacket in m which is a steal at $150. hard to find these under like $300+. pretty sure lining is removable. very cool one time collaboration from years ago that will only get harder and harder to find.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads