• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
never seen bode in person and I'm already tired of it?? idk why I find everything about/around it exhausting

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just watched Free Solo for the second time. I’m convinced that was the greatest athletic achievement in the history of mankind. Amazing.

strangely i came away thinking it would've ended up even greater if nobody ever knew, like the overarching theme of the movie is what constitutes accomplishment?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So I thought Vetements already jumped the shark, but they're still going with a show in McDonalds? Although TBF I never really got Denma in the first place.

this all feels like social media clothes, cause now everyone will talk about it and people will buy it to be tongue-in-cheek ironic.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ perhaps you are correct. Still the most amazing willful feat I’ve ever seen.

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m a climber and the one thing I thought Free Solo could have done better is convey how tall El cap is to the audience. Its exact size is left largely abstract for most of the film and I’ve had a couple friends who have seen it be even more stunned when shown pictures comparing it to, like, the Empire State Building. Absolutely amazing film and achievement.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This reminds me, I might need to re-home my Camoshita easy pants. Never even wore them out :(

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I Marie Kondo'd my Levi trucker by mistake and I wanted to get a new one, but thinking of a Lee this time. Anyone know the model name for the classic version, J101? Do they still make a decent one? Other brands to consider?

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Somehow, these Frank Leder trousers wound up in my NMWA wish list.
2EBCB186-9E00-42FF-8C9C-6496CC06690F.png

colabear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like these sleeveless graphic tees from Raf and they are in deep discount right now but I’m not so sure if I can pull off the look coz of my chubby pits. Should I pass on the look or just be me chubby pits and all
91DE4CF0-E102-47F4-B196-61962EB71260.png
C2878E7B-CF0B-4038-8072-7EC4D47CE40E.jpeg
9CF54446-BAB8-44C3-BDE1-9EF9F697FE54.jpeg

colabear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I take the subway so what if I have to hold on to the grab handles when there’s no seat and I have to stand

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was no joke thinking that there's been some decent @colabear fits lately and I have't seen a weird unboxing or a foot / armpit i didn't want to see. Oh-well.

Reactions: msg

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I Marie Kondo'd my Levi trucker by mistake and I wanted to get a new one, but thinking of a Lee this time. Anyone know the model name for the classic version, J101? Do they still make a decent one? Other brands to consider?

101-j. I sold one recently, kinda regret it but I prefer the fit of the Maverick trucker I have so it never got worn. I'd say it's worth finding one and trying it on. Also check out Wrangler/Maverick.

This is the Lee I sold.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads