• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

walkinginplace

Reaction score
Truly shocked that other people still use SE's as well. Legit never seen another one in the wild...

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Capture.JPG

Just ordered these A&S shorts from The Rake. The only yellow I can wear. Seemed a bit pricier on the A&S site but I didn’t do the exact math.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Truly shocked that other people still use SE's as well. Legit never seen another one in the wild...
They were really popular, sorta a sleeper hit. People are sorta clamoring for a new version of it. It really is a great little phone - it's way easier to carry around than some minitablet, it's robust - much more so than any of their other phones - the metal casing can get banged around a lot more, and they are just enough phone for someone who needs a smartphone, but doesn't really want to be on it 24/7 - which is a lot of people.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm one of the few people I know who doesn't have 2 phones as well. Could my work phone get me **** canned? Sure but it's not worth juggling 2 phones over.
I think that this is a luxury of people in some professions. A lot of people I know don't really have oversight - they are partners in a practice, or own their businesses, or otherwise work for themselves.

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is generally true that all manufacturers went phablet-only a few years ago. For example Xiaomi's "Mi 9 SE" is 5.97in vs 4in on the SE they're supposedly copying. More similar to the XS at 5.8in.

At the budget end there remain a few 4-5" phones but none are very attractive options.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All in favor of @nahneun being the only member to be served up popunders, popovers, and those loud video ads that follow you as you scroll and where the X is basically transparent, say aye.

+1000

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another SE user here, perfect size and I prefer the blocky older design.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For those that wear Rick; is the waist suppose to be fitted or baggy? Got a pair of Medium pants and I'm usually a size 32-33 waist and they waist is pretty big, more like a size 34.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They were really popular, sorta a sleeper hit. People are sorta clamoring for a new version of it. It really is a great little phone - it's way easier to carry around than some minitablet, it's robust - much more so than any of their other phones - the metal casing can get banged around a lot more, and they are just enough phone for someone who needs a smartphone, but doesn't really want to be on it 24/7 - which is a lot of people.
It is generally true that all manufacturers went phablet-only a few years ago. For example Xiaomi's "Mi 9 SE" is 5.97in vs 4in on the SE they're supposedly copying. More similar to the XS at 5.8in.

At the budget end there remain a few 4-5" phones but none are very attractive options.

I just buy budget phones in that 4.5" size.

$150 every year or two and these days they work well enough for GPS, browsing and the odd app or photo. Hell I've got more than two years out of my current one.

bencap

Reaction score
I'm another SE user. As well as everyone else, I think it's a great phone but I have a hard time typing on the smaller screen because I also have a bigger Android phone that I got used to using (Moto X4 and before that, all iterations of the Google Nexus series).

The SE is superior as an actual phone, but since I hardly use a phone for its intended purpose, I actually prefer all the latest android devices I've owned (as far as multi-use media/communication devices go).

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
**** large smartphones, I've been using a 5S for the past 3 years and recently got an iPhone 7 from work, but I'm enquiring about "downgrading" to an SE come autumn.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
if you pull out a big phone imma judge the **** outta you.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's an SE?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads