• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Does anyone do a lot of high low mixing in summer? I used to to spend a bunch of money on nice tshirts but now I just buy them from Gap - they fit well, are long enough that they don’t shrink unwearably in the wash (hi RRL), the fabric isn’t super delicate (hi John Elliot) and if they get messed up I can just throw them away. I also bought some shorts from Old Navy for the same reason.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
Also RealReal need to hire some people who know how to price menswear. Alden shell for $50 because they think the wrinkles mean the shoes are in poor condition? I also picked up a limited edition handmade Rrl denim lab coat for $100 I sold on eBay for $500 in minutes

steveoffice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone do a lot of high low mixing in summer? I used to to spend a bunch of money on nice tshirts but now I just buy them from Gap - they fit well, are long enough that they don’t shrink unwearably in the wash (hi RRL), the fabric isn’t super delicate (hi John Elliot) and if they get messed up I can just throw them away. I also bought some shorts from Old Navy for the same reason.

I pretty much do hi lo all the time; dont like doing designer head to toe (tho it's inevitable sometimes).

Last edited:

dfagdfsh

Reaction score

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
final thought for the day: the alden thread is kind of a dystopian, consumerism nightmare. endless pictures of brand new boots and brand new selvedge denim... over and over.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I do high / low all the time. Most of my stuff is from thrift stores too which I paid like $5. All my Gitman shirts are and most of my outterwear.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
does anyone remember when regis stopped wearing shirts to try to dress more minimalist. that was one of the funniest WAYWT-related things i've ever seen.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
pull the piece up and push the lower arms through the upper ones at it should make a cool top with folding around the torso

I made something similar a while back when I had my older womens line.//

tie it around your waist?

From the lookbook I remember it is meant to be worn tucked in the front while you tie the second arms around your waist and let the back fabric hang as if you’re wearing a second knit

steveoffice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
final thought for the day: the alden thread is kind of a dystopian, consumerism nightmare. endless pictures of brand new boots and brand new selvedge denim... over and over.

have u seen the cp thread?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads