• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are there any good virgin wool/wool blend bombers out there?
I kind of want something without ribbed cuffs and hem, maybe a button cuff even.
I have no clue where to look anymore.

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Row is the pathological case of “Elevated basics.” $850 for a T-shirt.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I kind of want something without ribbed cuffs and hem, maybe a button cuff even.

There's a wool linen shirt jacket with a bomberesque shape from Camoshita over at NMWA

NO MERCY

Reaction score

You might email Paul at @sehkelly, and see if their planning on the flight jacket in wool this year. Not a typical bomber, nor a light jacket by any means, though. Button cuffs and a fantastic collar.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This? https://nomanwalksalone.com//wool-linen-shirt-jacket-in-grey-burgundy-and-blue-check.html

Not really what I'm looking for to be honest.
Ideally I want this (Lemaire ss18), but something in this kind of style is what I'm after but it doesn't have to be a point collar. Maybe it's not a bomber? Lemaire calls it a blouson.

_LEM0018.jpg

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This? https://nomanwalksalone.com//wool-linen-shirt-jacket-in-grey-burgundy-and-blue-check.html

Not really what I'm looking for to be honest.
Ideally I want this (Lemaire ss18), but something in this kind of style is what I'm after but it doesn't have to be a point collar. Maybe it's not a bomber? Lemaire calls it a blouson.

_LEM0018.jpg

It's more like a shacket. Schneider does those often with buttons and sometimes with zippers (I think in a tropical wool and zipper a few seasons ago)

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yea i was thinking Schneider might have something but couldn't see anything offered.
There's a poplin Lemaire one this season but I want wool.
I also thought I might be able to find something like it from Dior, Lanvin, AMI or similar.

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Schneider does have this for SS19. Not sure what material for the body but looks like cotton mesh for the sleeves

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Homeless people are overwhelmingly dangerous!" I say, as I step over the outstretched leg of the smelly piss-vagrant on the corner, the bottom of my long Lemaire coat brushing over his pant leg.

Gesturing with my $8 latte from a coffee shop named The Hearthen Stone, I state, quite matter-of-factly, "Well you see, I'd give them money, but I know what they'd do with it. Buy needless things or worse: drugs! Can you believe it?! They don't buy food but would rather buy drugs and booze." Thankfully, I'm far enough from the vagabond that my $60 Aesop shampoo is now all that I can smell.

My wild gesticulations spills some latte onto my Japanese denim. "****! These were $500 from Japan and I didn't want to wash them yet! I'll just dab it with a paper towel and throw it in the freezer. Anyways, did you know they're most mentally ill?"

As I open the door to my Porsche, "Yeah, most homeless are also mentally ill. That's why they're so dangerous." John Mayer's song New Light starts playing. I tap to the beat with my $1,000 mud-dyed boots.

"You know, once, this homeless guy I knew in my community went completely bonkers at a community picnic. Thank God that cops were there to protect the women and kids. It's the mental illness. What can we really do about that? Think about the kids. I had read that a guy stabbed a twelve year old girl in the street the other month after she wouldn't give him a buck." We pass by a homeless man standing under the underpass and I roll up my windows.

A push notification comes onto my iPhone XE++ Ultra Edition: "The Mr. Porter Sale has now begun! 5% off your favorite designers."

"Yeah, we really have to address the mental illness..." I murmur as I stare at the discounted Saint Laurent boots on my screen going 80 down the highway.

"Stay away from homeless people," I think as I smash into the median, my car spinning wildly and taking out three other cars along with it, my skull cracking against the rough concrete and expelling the pink mush within across four lanes.

An e-mail arrives in my inbox: "Your Mr. Porter Order Confirmation: - 55820019"

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads