• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did Needles take the Dries splatter shirt and add more splatters? If so then
genius...
615A5333_copy.jpg

Last edited:

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
are you talking about corporate lunch? i actually skipped that episode cause i dont know anything about fleetwood mac and couldnt follow the discussion. is it good?

They go through spring trends, FM is the first one. Just skip past it, the rest is great.

Since there is no thread on Evan Kinori (or is there?)...

Has anyone handled/bought his jackets and can comment on fit? Everything seems to fit pretty big.....

It fits tts but loose/drapey, but each piece is meant to layer with others in the collection, so the shirts fit tighter than the over shirts which fit tighter than the outerwear. Start with tts then go from there.

NO MERCY

Reaction score
I don't own anything, but I've tried on a few pieces. I'd say it fits TTS (from memory), but the jackets are intended to fit somewhat big and boxy (but in a good way). Has some old 90s skate vibes. Shirts fit normal and trim, I think.

It fits tts but loose/drapey, but each piece is meant to layer with others in the collection, so the shirts fit tighter than the over shirts which fit tighter than the outerwear. Start with tts then go from there.

@GeorgeC, these guys have the right of it. Ive got the zip jacket and one pleat pants, both are pretty true to the measurements given on Evan's site.

Also, I believe @faue has quite a bit of Evan Kinori. Maybe he can chime in as well.

GeorgeC

Reaction score
Thanks guys. @NO MERCY I ask because I am sort of in between sizes. So normally if something fits on the bigger side, I will take the next size down (M). The measurements on the Bellow jacket in particular seem big.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Who delivers when it’s worldnet international? This shipping company is so obscure and secretive with their tracking.....Won’t show up on any of my tracking apps...not even the company name

Nevermind, apparently it’s with FEDEX...huh

Last edited:

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone know what the full cut Levi LVC are? Looking for something with a bit more front rise than the 1947 501.

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They go through spring trends, FM is the first one. Just skip past it, the rest is great.

it depends...I have a few coats...some stuff are straight fit, some are boxy, some are drapey

crazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey, may be some of you folks can help me out.

I'm trying to find t-shirts that are made from 100% cotton with a really soft silky hand/feel. not thick to be opaque but it can be slightly transclucent in pastel or white colors. Usually these are super thin and very comfortable with a slight sheen to the fabric and despite the thinness, they are fairly good with keeping the heat in and also are very breathable when it gets too hot. It drapes like a second skin and sometimes you find yourself not conscious of the Tee or fabric because it’s really comfortable until inconspicuous. Usually i find such t-shirts at luxury brands but it is not always a given since it doesn't reliably appear all the time since i suspect they are a fairly pricey fabric to make t-shirts from. anybody have any idea what sort of textile or fabric I'm looking for?

Last edited:

bencap

Reaction score
@gfmozart I know you asked for 100% cotton, but what you describe sounds a lot like the 50/50 cotton/linen blend tees I have. I have one made by Officine Général I like a lot. Otherwise, maybe tees made with supima cotton?

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since there is no thread on Evan Kinori (or is there?)...

Has anyone handled/bought his jackets and can comment on fit? Everything seems to fit pretty big.....
I have two of his jackets and they are subtlety awesome. He takes inspiration from classic pieces and tweaks them in a way that a casual observer would be hard pressed to pinpoint. Quality is fantastic; Evan has very high standards and personally inspects every item that has his name on it.
Fit is TTS (at least that’s what I normally choose) but some size up and still carry the overall intended aesthetic.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably long staple cotton yeah supima is a good guess...

Vtg poly cotton blends 'burnout' in a really comfy way, the cotton lints out leaving a very thin sheer scaffold behind. If you want silky id go blend mercerized looks funny in a fabric imo

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads