• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i prefer muji socks over uniqlo
Agreed. I have different sock brands I like for different reasons:
Lightweight cotton- Muji or Norse Projects
Heavy cotton- Chup or Norse Projects
Heavy wool- Scott Nichol (Pantherella) or Corgi
Shitkicking- Uniqlo
Indigo- Anonymousism

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And, just to follow up on the dry cleaner ruining two of my shirts, they wouldn’t reimburse me for even half the cost, but did give me the full amount ($450) in credit. I’ll take it, because they are the best dry cleaners in town.

Also, @Zamb , when I emailed De Bonne Facture about the possibility that they might preshrink their fabrics in the future because of the shrinkage I experienced, they shipped me a new shirt without my asking. It was very kind of them.

Last edited:

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I am simultaneously intrigued and very afraid of the Athleisure thread.

I like Thom Browne, too. Good for short/thin builds, and bonus if you like his conceptual tweaking of American trad.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
And, just to follow up on the dry cleaner ruining two of my shirts, they wouldn’t reimburse me for even half the cost, but did give me the full amount ($450) in credit. I’ll take it, because they are the best dry cleaners in town.

Also, @Zamb , when I emailed De Bonne Facture about the possibility that they might preshrunk their fabrics because of the shrinkage I experienced, they shipped me a new shirt without my asking. It was very kind of them.

You know I've been wanting to love dbf for awhile but there has been perhaps one thing I'm upset I slept on you. Spring collection is weak, hopefully she brings some heat for fall but then I don't need more knits and certainly no heavy coats so I'm looking at shirts and pents.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You know I've been wanting to love dbf for awhile but there has been perhaps one thing I'm upset I slept on you. Spring collection is weak, hopefully she brings some heat for fall but then I don't need more knits and certainly no heavy coats so I'm looking at shirts and pents.
Their shirts and light knits are my thing. I agree about the spring collection, especially all of the oversized linen shirts. Not really a good combination in practice. I buy 90% of my clothes for AW anyway. When it comes to SS...
giphy.gif

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

DBF pents are great. Only full cut pents that don’t look dumb on me. Quality of the pents ridiculously good. Pents.

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The fall line is crazy

GeorgeC

Reaction score
Since there is no thread on Evan Kinori (or is there?)...

Has anyone handled/bought his jackets and can comment on fit? Everything seems to fit pretty big.....

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Since there is no thread on Evan Kinori (or is there?)...

Has anyone handled/bought his jackets and can comment on fit? Everything seems to fit pretty big.....

I don't own anything, but I've tried on a few pieces. I'd say it fits TTS (from memory), but the jackets are intended to fit somewhat big and boxy (but in a good way). Has some old 90s skate vibes. Shirts fit normal and trim, I think.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads