• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any replacements to the Ervell alpaca knit pocket sweater? Like the fit and stuff but mine is straight up end of life DONE.

penanceroyaltea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
https://hatski.thebase.in/items/13199313

6d225e8764b8ff0130e21dc474ca6f59.jpg

loose top block, nice taper and doesn't make your fat ass look like a carrot.

Presumably good quality denim and MiJ.

18k yen. Sounds good?

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That taper is how I wish most of my stuff fit haha

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I need a little bit of stretch in my denim now adays. I forget about that when I get lured back into 100% raw denim, haha.

penanceroyaltea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
measurements are pretty readily available. probably gonna take a punt!

denim doesn't need elastane if it's not like hardcore workwear type denim.. especially if the fit is not SF 2010 APC sized down 4

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
measurements are pretty readily available. probably gonna take a punt!

denim doesn't need elastane if it's not like hardcore workwear type denim.. especially if the fit is not SF 2010 APC sized down 4

I've got big quads and hamstrings so when I sit they expand like 3x, haha. I have to go pretty darn anti fit to sit comfortably in denim, so straight loose fit with a bit of stretch is where I'm at.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Levi’s 501 CT Cone Mills Selvedge is what you’re looking for @Coldsnap Less that $100 new on eBay. Caveat: some have pretty narrow leg openings, so ask for measurements.

Edit: sorry, you were asking about PE sweater.

Last edited:

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've already failed at not buying anything this year, so I'm taking a much more realistic approach of no net gain in clothes this year. Maybe I can even reduce my closet a bit.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think people just realized it stands out like a sore thumb, and they aren't rich enough or they don't love the style enough to not care what other people think when they wear full Rick/goth-ninja all the time.

Im interested in scraping SZ's numbers and posts over last few years normalized using SF's numbers/posts to see how the style/general avant garde is doing, but I am way too lazy.

@baltimoron do it

Pretty much. I liked it, but not enough to be the dude in a corporate setting who dressed like a complete weirdo. Goth ninja got annoying

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try Resolute 710 for a basic jean. Been wearing a pair nearly daily for two years and I love the fit

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads