• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

styleforumfan

Reaction score
Mr p sales have been weak after the first couple years the site came out. I was copping **** at 50-70 off with the founders sale when I wasn't even a founder :lol:

Even the selection is weak. No piece really stands out for me.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don’t know why everybody complains about Mr P.
There’s a million stores for this kind of ****, if they don’t have anything you like then just close that tab and open one of the other 89 tabs you have open on a slightly darker pair of black wool pants like any normal clothing hoarder.
It’s also not like it’s a surprise. They have everything online all season, the only thing that changed was the price. If you didn’t like anything a month ago you’re not going to like it now.

styleforumfan

Reaction score
Browsing the Shoes section of Mr. Porter, the page number increments while the same items keep loading. I am stuck in a time loop of ****** footwear.

Mr P site is all screwed up. Can't add anything to my cart. Keep seeing time loop until it times out.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s a million stores for this kind of ****, if they don’t have anything you like then just close that tab and open one of the other 89 tabs you have open on a slightly darker pair of black wool pants like any normal clothing hoarder.
It’s also not like it’s a surprise. They have everything online all season, the only thing that changed was the price. If you didn’t like anything a month ago you’re not going to like it now.

It's more a lament for the fallen and nostalgia for what once was. But I will add that it is more that my tastes have changed/I am largely sated in my consumption (as if), than that Mr. Porter has changed in their buys. They were always kind of boring.

Edit: My tastes are still pretty boring.

Last edited:

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The year is 2012. Mr Porter had launched just a year before, and you stand there in the summer heat of Georgia. You hadn't washed your APCs in 6 months. You clench your fist. You say to yourself, "These are the good ol' days." In the distance, you can hear the ocean. Many before you have walked towards the ocean. If they come back at all, they come back changed. They come back lesser than before. You walk towards the sound of water.

The year is 2013. You just graduated college. It's hot. It's really hot. In the distance there's a woman fanning herself on her porch. You can't remember, but you think she has been there fanning herself for the past year since you've moved here. You can't see her face. You could never see her face. You walk towards her. You trip slightly on something. You look down and there's nothing. Nothing but a scuff on your White Achilles. You look up, and there's nothing.

The year is 2014. You say to yourself, "These are the good ol' days." It's dark. You only hear southern crickets chirping. The Mr Porter sale is supposed to start in a few minutes. You wait patiently. It's quiet. You can only hear the ticking of a clock. You can see only the flicker of the screen on your computer. There is only silence. You say to yourself, "These are the good ol' days." The sale starts, but something's different. Something isn't right. You don't recognize this. You contort your face. Your computer screen simply stares back blankly with a "30% OFF" banner. You open your mouth to scream but nothing comes out.

The year is 2015. You say to yourself, "The Mr Porter sale ******* sucks." Your hair's a mess. Your eyes, bloodshot. Surrounding you are piles of clothes. Pants in various shades of navy and gray. Sweaters that are too tight, also in shades of gray. Visages of Ryan Gosling surround you. You say to yourself, "The Mr Porter sale ******* sucks." In the distance, there is only the wind and the voice of a man. You ignore him. Mr Porter says to you, "These items are part of our Permanent Collection and will not be on sale." You try to ignore him.

The year is 2016. You haven't slept in two weeks. You clutch at your chest, trying to catch your breath. How long have you been sweating? It's Sales Season again. You hear the voice of a man in the distance. He says to you, "The sale started at 3am. You've missed everything." You tear at your hair but nothing comes out. You weep but there is no sound. There is only the smell of the Live Oaks. There is only the taste of Salt. There is only the voice of a Man. Mr Porter, grinning, bearing its wicked coyote teeth, says to you, "These are the good ol' days." You gouge out your eyes, but you still see the 30% off banner.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads