• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to ask this again in the hope somebody has ordered a pair, otherwise i'll just be the guinea pig - has anybody here ordered a pair of Casatlantic pants?
How is the sizing? Is their size chart accurate?
thanks
I dont have pics right now but I got a pair of the tangier a while ago. I ordered based on their size chart and it fit well if not a tad on the large side but I usually wear a belt anyway. And my waist has expanded and they still work. Great pants.

Aksel SB

Reaction score
I got my usual size in the mogador. I.e usually wear 29-31 ish in most pants and got a 30 in casatlantic. The mogador model has side adjusters which make sizing easier.

No pics, but they really are high rise, i find they mostly work with knitwear. A tucked tee looks kinda off. Looks great with a shetland, knit polo, rubato stuff etc.

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is anyone a blackbirdspyplane subscriber and willing to provide a quick assist - just looking for the 11-11 preorder access code…

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i was surprised to notice that 40 of my friends and coworkers follow throwingfits on instagram (i don’t work in fashion or have many friends for whom that is a main interest).

i see a bunch of people i follow on twitter who aren’t “fashion people” commenting on posts by dieworkwear.

it seems like way more people i meet these days are aware of brands and designers that used to be in slightly more obscure “nerds who post on fashion forums” territory.

i don’t really have anything smart to say about all this. it’s just interesting to see it happen.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Confession: I bought a Supreme x James brand fancy box cutter

More confessions: Apart from that and the sterling silver Good Art HLYWD one that @emptym and co gifted me on the occasion of Styleforum's 20th anniversary last year, I have a few additional ones, including a very fancy collector's item in the very flippable Hawk Knives "Shortcut".

Still a little more confession: I think that the Hawk Knives Shortcut looks like some alien tech, and I like it.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
reads like an AI generated response

The fact that one can make this statement and have it be a plausible explanation is not something I am ready for.

i was surprised to notice that 40 of my friends and coworkers follow throwingfits on instagram (i don’t work in fashion or have many friends for whom that is a main interest).

i see a bunch of people i follow on twitter who aren’t “fashion people” commenting on posts by dieworkwear.

it seems like way more people i meet these days are aware of brands and designers that used to be in slightly more obscure “nerds who post on fashion forums” territory.

i don’t really have anything smart to say about all this. it’s just interesting to see it happen.

I believe this was already shared in the DWW (cesspool) thread, but Derek was featured in a GQ article back in January that addresses at least an aspect of this shift. Also Slate, apparently.

I don't know what general trends have occurred that would make for an increased interest in menswear, other than everyone being stuck at home with nothing to do but get into niche interests. The same could account for the watch boom. But it's also possible that Throwingfits, in particular, is just followed because it's a meme account similar to Nolitadirtbag or Dietprada.

More confessions: Apart from that and the sterling silver Good Art HLYWD one that @emptym and co gifted me on the occasion of Styleforum's 20th anniversary last year, I have a few additional ones, including a very fancy collector's item in the very flippable Hawk Knives "Shortcut".

Still a little more confession: I think that the Hawk Knives Shortcut looks like some alien tech, and I like it.

I will meet you outside Uniqlo.

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But it's also possible that Throwingfits, in particular, is just followed because it's a meme account similar to Nolitadirtbag or Dietprada.

yeah i’m sure everything you mentioned is a contributing factor.

at the same time, it does feel like there’s been a general cultural shift where the base level of fashion awareness is higher? not that it was ever some totally arcane subject — everybody wears clothes — but still.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The fact that one can make this statement and have it be a plausible explanation is not something I am ready for.

I will meet you outside Uniqlo.
Thoughtlessly AI generated posts are typically very Rain Man - immediately relevant and often (though not here) more information rich than what a lot of people might post, but that stick out like a sore thumb because they really show that generatve AIs (still) do not navigate social conversations, which have nth levels of social context, well.

No Uniqlo around here, but I might be able to find a Waffle House.

Last edited:

Iskander

Reaction score
Does anyone still make scoop/slutty tees anymore?

I know wearing a tank under a shirt is currently the move but I find a scoop neck tee provides the same look but protects my shirt from sweat more.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anyone still make scoop/slutty tees anymore?

I know wearing a tank under a shirt is currently the move but I find a scoop neck tee provides the same look but protects my shirt from sweat more.
No man walks alone, I think Merz B. makes some

emptym

Reaction score

Emphasis on the "and co."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads