• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Try four kids man. And college is coming up. Luckily, my kids have the option of Canadian Universities, which have human prices, but still.

F..fo…four?? I feel like I have four with one rambunctious boy but man thats crazy we thought about a second but 4???

1685560084715.gif

Brother I’ve already started his college fund…

Mine is correctly on a PJ Masks binge and I think I’ve purchased half a stores worth of PJ Masks stuff. If they had a stock I’d demand a percentage

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We have two in college right now (three last year if you counted me) and it ain’t cheap. We’ve saved over the years, but also told them that they should work hard and get scholarships if they want to go somewhere nice 😅 We both work at a great state school where it would be about $5K/year but no way in hell they want to go to college in their home town. Needless to say, I don’t really buy any clothes these days other than the occasional knitwear from NMWA.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We have two in college right now (three last year if you counted me) and it ain’t cheap. We’ve saved over the years, but also told them that they should work hard and get scholarships if they want to go somewhere nice 😅 We both work at a great state school where it would be about $5K/year but no way in hell they want to go to college in their home town. Needless to say, I don’t really buy any clothes these days other than the occasional knitwear from NMWA.
Yea but this is unfair you can make cool stuff yourself. Huge loophole :teach:

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea but this is unfair you can make cool stuff yourself. Huge loophole :teach:
Hah, yes, fair point. Part of the reason I don't want to buy much clothes is because none of it fits as well as the stuff I make myself. I can't make knitwear, underwear, or socks. Yet. Edit: and suits, but I never wear suits.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
F..fo…four?? I feel like I have four with one rambunctious boy but man thats crazy we thought about a second but 4???

View attachment 1967049

Brother I’ve already started his college fund…

Mine is correctly on a PJ Masks binge and I think I’ve purchased half a stores worth of PJ Masks stuff. If they had a stock I’d demand a percentage
What can I say? My junk works and I have no self control.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What can I say? My junk works and I have no self control.
Seriously though, the four college years (first one is done minus a credit), during which two will overlap, will be grim in the discretionary spending department. Canadian schools are at least somewhat reasonably priced for citizens and residents though.

xeoniq

Reaction score
mostly that my interest in clothing, especially purchasing, has faded. I know enough about what I like, what works for my body and for my climate/lifestyle that I can finally ignore 99% of what I see. I don't look dialed in every day, but I can put together an outfit when I need to. I've also ended up with so many clothes, a lot of which I didn't wear, that it felt kind of ridiculous. I guess the other part of it is that I'm not seeing other people killing it in a way that inspires me either.
I think there's a few ways you can go about enjoying clothing. You could try developing a more novel personal style, which may be costumey to some people just because it won't be a bland amalgamation of currently on-trend norms, but it could bring some measure of individualistic satisfaction. You could take what you've ended up with, cull a vast majority of weak pieces and just refine what you're left with so you're uniform ends up always being what you feel is your best of the best reflecting current trends. Or you could go down a more collector's route, honing in on rare pieces from whatever brands you like and finding enjoyment in the curation and appreciation of a designer or brand's work. I don't think any of these options are better or worse than one another, but they might be more fulfilling than the scenario you described with a large collection of pieces you're not wearing while not feeling "dialed in" each day you go out. The fact you are already considering your lifestyle and body type makes the first two options quite achievable at least. Almost all of us here have spent a lot of time and effort, if not money, on clothing consumerism. I think that it should be possible through applied consideration of one of these strategies to end up with an enjoyable relationship with clothing.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Feeling like I've reached the end of the rainbow with clothing lately without necessarily being content. Sitting here wearing wide leg pleated tropical wool trousers, a black RRL t shirt and novesta sneakers. Curious how much is just me and how much is that menswear (society!) seems to be in limbo. I'm aware this is a very ambiguous question coming from someone who's been on this board for 15 years.

Time to start wearing 501s and T-shirts.

Last edited:

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm going to ask this again in the hope somebody has ordered a pair, otherwise i'll just be the guinea pig - has anybody here ordered a pair of Casatlantic pants?
How is the sizing? Is their size chart accurate?
thanks

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to ask this again in the hope somebody has ordered a pair, otherwise i'll just be the guinea pig - has anybody here ordered a pair of Casatlantic pants?
How is the sizing? Is there size chart accurate?
thanks
I'd ne interested to see how these size.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you're looking for information on Casatlantic pants and their sizing, it's best to reach out to the specific community or customer base associated with the brand. They would likely have firsthand experience with ordering and wearing Casatlantic pants and can provide feedback on the accuracy of the size chart.

So, Moroccans?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads