• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
It could just be a bad fit for me - not every shoe fits every foot. But on my pair, the footbed was definitely very plasticky and sticky.
Very possible, I have a super nice pair of vans that I can't wear because they make me bleed at the same spot every time I attempt to wear them.

Note: I also have a pair of Birks

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very possible, I have a super nice pair of vans that I can't wear because they make me bleed at the same spot every time I attempt to wear them.

Note: I also have a pair of Birks
If it's the heel, there are occasionally pairs of Vans Vault slip ons that have a nice soft leather padded achilles pad, but they are made once in a blue moon.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
If it's the heel, there are occasionally pairs of Vans Vault slip ons that have a nice soft leather padded achilles pad, but they are made once in a blue moon.
Ok well if anyone finds these or some Vans collab that has that characteristic @ at me.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok well if anyone finds these or some Vans collab that has that characteristic @ at me.
This is the one that I'm taking about. Incredibly comfortable. I don't know much else about the 66 slip on model:

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you are a dressy sandal type of guy (most of my sandals are lego/streetwear style) I think you can't really go wrong with the Marsell.
Yeah, I guess I am. Then again, I might break out and go "man overboard" with bright green or neon yellow Bottega Veneta. Shows I've been playing too much Cyberpunk: 2077 recently, it's been rewriting my neural pathways or something :D

Iskander

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can find long sleeve linen t-shirts? I have lots of short sleeve tees but long sleeve is surprisingly hard to find.
I want to get a few so would rather not spend more than 70 US dollars per shirt.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Recs for satin/cupro/silk green bomber jacket?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Recs for satin/cupro/silk green bomber jacket?
Frankly. this is one case in which I would do a classic:

Barring that, and seeing that you live in super hot climatem, you may as well go Ralph Lauren Purple Label:

It would fit your style well. I would myself go for Real McCoys or something, but that seems less you.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Feeling like I've reached the end of the rainbow with clothing lately without necessarily being content. Sitting here wearing wide leg pleated tropical wool trousers, a black RRL t shirt and novesta sneakers. Curious how much is just me and how much is that menswear (society!) seems to be in limbo. I'm aware this is a very ambiguous question coming from someone who's been on this board for 15 years.

Iskander

Reaction score
Feeling like I've reached the end of the rainbow with clothing lately without necessarily being content. Sitting here wearing wide leg pleated tropical wool trousers, a black RRL t shirt and novesta sneakers. Curious how much is just me and how much is that menswear (society!) seems to be in limbo. I'm aware this is a very ambiguous question coming from someone who's been on this board for 15 years.
I am a little unclear on what you mean by "the end of the rainbow". Could you elaborate a bit on what you mean?

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score

The rona hit right around my time son was born so for a while there I took some time off from my wears obsession but while I have my backbone set (Old Margiela with new stuff sprinkled in) I’ve begun getting into more prints motifs etc (Gucci/Valentino/BV/TF/Givenchy…various Swedish/Moroccan brands that do tropical stuff now…) Im presently loving knitted polos and linens. Tropical virgin wool trousers are the GOAT btw. You show me some 04-08 Margiela sky blue virgin wool trousers in my size and I’m instantly back in the nostalgia kop game. Still like the hunt like before but at a less crazy pace cause babies are expensive haha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am a little unclear on what you mean by "the end of the rainbow". Could you elaborate a bit on what you mean?
mostly that my interest in clothing, especially purchasing, has faded. I know enough about what I like, what works for my body and for my climate/lifestyle that I can finally ignore 99% of what I see. I don't look dialed in every day, but I can put together an outfit when I need to. I've also ended up with so many clothes, a lot of which I didn't wear, that it felt kind of ridiculous. I guess the other part of it is that I'm not seeing other people killing it in a way that inspires me either.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mostly that my interest in clothing, especially purchasing, has faded. I know enough about what I like, what works for my body and for my climate/lifestyle that I can finally ignore 99% of what I see. I don't look dialed in every day, but I can put together an outfit when I need to. I've also ended up with so many clothes, a lot of which I didn't wear, that it felt kind of ridiculous. I guess the other part of it is that I'm not seeing other people killing it in a way that inspires me either.
I veer around clothing (I've been interested in fashion since I was in grade 4, at least), but always get back to it and accessories and jewelry. Even things like pocket knives, for me, are more like pocket jewelry. I really like my uniform, but I like look for and find things that work with that uniform and evolve that uniform and the silhouette, which I think, for the lack of more adequate language in menswear, is the menswear equivalent of fit and flare.

The things that have stayed fairly consistent through the years have the attitude and inspiration of the clothes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics