• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It could work if they were hemmed enough, no? These vaguely remind me of skirts, kilts, and lungis

indian-lungi-male-models.jpg
That left looks like a nightmare. The second, maybe. Honestly, I still like antifit jeans, with narrow hems, but plenty of room through the seat and thighs.

These days I dress somewhere between cowboy, ninja, and survivalist though (so, Mad Max), so take all my opinions with a grain of salt.

kashmir

Reaction score
if we study how different cultures dressed historically, the main distinction would be:

hot climate: wovens, loose fit, bigger hems, cropped, wraps, lungis etc
cold climate: basically the normative anglo-western tailoring- close fitting, stretch(knit), layering...
scottish climate: kilt

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That left looks like a nightmare. The second, maybe. Honestly, I still like antifit jeans, with narrow hems, but plenty of room through the seat and thighs.

These days I dress somewhere between cowboy, ninja, and survivalist though (so, Mad Max), so take all my opinions with a grain of salt.
Googled antifit and got different results. Some just look slim-straight, others look like flare jeans.

Pictures of antifit?

Also, pictures of Mad Max style? Ninja pictures would also look cool.
if we study how different cultures dressed historically, the main distinction would be:

hot climate: wovens, loose fit, bigger hems, cropped, wraps, lungis etc
cold climate: basically the normative anglo-western tailoring- close fitting, stretch(knit), layering...
scottish climate: kilt
This got me curious. Google says Scottish kilts are fairly insulating. I'm all for this for winter vs. tight, heavy pants.

RE: Terry cloth camp collar shirts from OAS. Huge thumbs up. I hated the texture initially, but chucked the shirt into the dryer afterward and it felt much better. It did shrink vertically, but this is fine as I sized up to a large for a loose fit.

Tonnes of texture for the summer time. Also don't feel clammy as well because the cloth is naturally very absorbent.

Material seems very durable as well, as it's basically a towel. I love clothing that I don't have to baby.

Was also shocked at how pain free the ordering was as well. It arrived in Canada from Sweden in a week. No issues with duties, taxes, delayed shipments. I'm sure this means higher base prices, but I'm ok with it.

Last edited:

js0930

Reaction score
Any recs for Atlanta shopping? Gonna try Sid Mashburn tomorrow but would appreciate any other options. Tend to wear prep/work wear, but definitely willing to branch out. My wife would also take a look if there’s cool womenswear.

qubed

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just for the record, the above image of the pope is AI-generated, and should be mentioned as such whenever posted. (Although this may be a lost cause in the coming years).

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
speaking of looser pants, any good recos out there for baggy jeans?

I mostly wear vintage Levi’s 550s these days (looser up top, but tapered) but I really want like a 9”+ leg opening.

I like the looks of the new 18 East jeans but theyre a bit too short for me.

View attachment 1924425

I bought some black Sugar Cane 1947s and have really enjoyed them. the different batches seem to make up with slightly differently measurements, some of which get to 9"+ hem in all but the smallest sizes. you could also try the self edge jean finder system, where you can tell it you want like a 9.5" hem for your waist size and see what it tells you

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just for the record, the above image of the pope is AI-generated, and should be mentioned as such whenever posted. (Although this may be a lost cause in the coming years).
Complete lost cause. What is reality anyway?

lesamourai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm waiting on the first ai waywt post. or maybe it already happened

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw this:
and immediately thought @RegisDB9

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score

Pope Drip Bless
Saw this:
and immediately thought @RegisDB9

I’d wear this opened with some linen pants

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads