• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
old-man-yells-at-cloud-yelling.gif

Donut

Reaction score
I'm unfortunately looking to offload one of my Junya grails as I've gained some weight in the past couple of years. I'm pretty reluctant to get rid of it and may be a bit too attached as it's probably one of my favorite pieces I've ever come across, but it's just a bit too tight.

Wanted to see if anyone's seen any cool tweed worker or chore coats recently that I can line up as a replacement for the jacket below. I know there were a couple ones on NMWA and from DBF but looks like I've missed out on them (unless someone wants to part with something in a S-M).
Junya.PNG

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For peeps who dont hem their pants and have ungodly chunky rolls at the bottom, Why?

I hear the train a comin

It's rollin around the bend

My ankles ain't seen the sunshine since I don't know when

I'm stuck in trainman prison and choo choo boots keep draggin on

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cuff don't roll , just turn back once no matter how long . go up 6" it's fine .

ngl i love this look

i've grown away from the doubly-turned cuff , looks like hiding croissants in there

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-02 10.33.36 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-02 10.33.36 AM.png
    491.6 KB · Views: 217

chimpskibot

Reaction score
Yeah one cuff is cool, but multiple roles? Can't condone that. If you're buying $100+ pants you obv care about the fit or material, why not just pay the additional $10 to get them hemmed? Way more flattering and you rid yourself of the excess fabric shackles.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been hammering on about that in WAYWT for years tbh.

one cuff OK. intentional stacking, cool.

Hell even a roll can look OK in certain contexts but a lot of the time the proportions just look way off.

Look at how great @RajunCajun looks. A lot of that is down to making sure the proportions and intentions are clear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads