• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I saw that you finally decided on a Capra duffle bag. Thank you.

A few years ago, I designed our duffle bag, and it’s one of my favorite pieces. The hand stitched handles are one of a kind. I recently added the option of a shoe compartment based on a customer’s request.

Would love to hear your feedback on the official thread.
I did! It definitely caught my eye, I was not in the market for a bag… And yes I’ll try to post a quick review in the official thread once work and my 1yo give me a break (hopefully during Christmas).

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
So I laid out all the options you gents recommended and as it’s my present from her she picked out the…..Carminas in suede

AD03EF6A-9D9C-4711-83E8-7DBDAFADAE88.jpeg

schraiber

Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas of women's shops that are sort of in the general price/quality range as a shop like Canoe Club? Feels like it's hard to find that sort of upper-middle/lower-luxury range in women's wear, sort of above mall brands but below more traditional luxury retail.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

schraiber

Reaction score
@schraiber namu shop, reliquary, neighbor, Mohawk general store, glasswing, Google brands sold there for other retailers.
These are great places to start, thanks! Mostly motivated by my gf really liking a lot of the "quality" (whatever that means exactly) of pieces I wear and us trying to find her similar "quality" stuff in roughly the same price range. So this gives us a bunch of stuff to look into and see if there are any shops/brands that really strike her fancy.

jaaz16

Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas of women's shops that are sort of in the general price/quality range as a shop like Canoe Club? Feels like it's hard to find that sort of upper-middle/lower-luxury range in women's wear, sort of above mall brands but below more traditional luxury retail.

I follow Epitome for inspo even though it's all women's and my wife is more into Target, but I think they're excellent and their model does a great job on IG: https://www.epitomeofedinburgh.com/

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
As the du Jet used to say

“I love my mall brand woman”

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
I tried to get my lady into Margiela/Isabel Marant/Branquinho but now all I see are boxes from
Shein haha it’s not even fast fashion it’s like speed of light fashion

Now she needs three closets and half of mine. Anyone else in this predicament 😂

schraiber

Reaction score
I tried to get my lady into Margiela/Isabel Marant/Branquinho but now all I see are boxes from
Shein haha it’s not even fast fashion it’s like speed of light fashion

Now she needs three closets and half of mine. Anyone else in this predicament 😂
Luckily my gf isn't like that! She mostly shops at Madewell and Everlane, puts some thought into purchases, and almost certainly buys less stuff than me. I think she's ripe for getting into the "fewer, better things" mindset, which I don't really see as an ethical thing, I just want to feel less guilty about how much money I spend on clothes and if she spends the same amount as me, that somehow helps my guilt complex ;-)

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Luckily my gf isn't like that! She mostly shops at Madewell and Everlane, puts some thought into purchases, and almost certainly buys less stuff than me. I think she's ripe for getting into the "fewer, better things" mindset, which I don't really see as an ethical thing, I just want to feel less guilty about how much money I spend on clothes and if she spends the same amount as me, that somehow helps my guilt complex ;-)

Stag Provisons has their “Daughters” store which has some nice stuff. I’ve also liked what I’ve seen from Ann Mashburn when I get their (Sid’s) catalogs

Old Red

Reaction score
My wife's bought clothing twice this year. $15 for a blouse off a street vendor in NYC. This was on a trip we took so I could visit CEGO for shirts. Couple weeks ago she went to Tractor Supply for some cheap bibs.

She did retire this last spring so has a good sized wardrobe from her working days.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stag Provisons has their “Daughters” store which has some nice stuff. I’ve also liked what I’ve seen from Ann Mashburn when I get their (Sid’s) catalogs
Ann Mashburn's stuff is very nice. I get stuff for wifey and daughter there.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mrs Ghdvfddzgzdzg shops at Stature (all petite sizing) and Nooworks. But the mall has hits too — h&m and forever 21 can have some weird bangers

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads