• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Who makes a nice cigar suede or tan suede Chukka? My lady is tired of seeing me in Sidezips everyday and she picked out this style as her “favorite”. Never had Chukkas and I hate laces but hey I’ll try them. Any good recs?

blacklight

Reaction score
Will be visiting Mexico City next month with my partner. Any recommendations?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who makes a nice cigar suede or tan suede Chukka? My lady is tired of seeing me in Sidezips everyday and she picked out this style as her “favorite”. Never had Chukkas and I hate laces but hey I’ll try them. Any good recs?

Don't have any of their Chukkas myself but do have Chelseas, loafers and oxfords. Nice stuff.

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alden snuff suede?
_MG_2407__20566.1590607018.jpg

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alden snuff suede?
_MG_2407__20566.1590607018.jpg

@RegisDB9 Yeah you can't go wrong with Alden snuff suede chukkas. Absolute classics. Plus, you'll be able to join in on all the uncle-nephew fun over in the Alden thread. 😚👌

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
@RegisDB9 Yeah you can't go wrong with Alden snuff suede chukkas. Absolute classics. Plus, you'll be able to join in on all the uncle-nephew fun over in the Alden thread. 😚👌

My raw denim is on its way and I’m ready to write words like “‘maiden voyage” 😂

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Carminas are sleeker than C&J, Alden etc sonprob better for Regis?

Last edited:

sushijerk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will be visiting Mexico City next month with my partner. Any recommendations?
Pujol rez are not going to be available unless you check the site every night for cancellations. Highly recommend Contramar, or its sister restaraunt entremar which serves the same food and is way less of a hassle to reserve. Someone from the Blamo! discord sent me their spots and the ones I tried were good.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Carminas are sleeker than C&J, Alden etc sonprob better for Regis?

Dayum…..Chukka Gators

C22F0833-EFD8-4929-97DE-7625F568E56F.gif

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Local.MX is a great resource if you know a basic amount of spanish. However I know so many amazing places there. If you like cool small publisher and books, Casa Bosques is a great place. If you are there for a Saturday hit up the Lagunilla Antique market, absolutely amazing vintage from all over Mexico. Mexico City has a ton of mid-century design that it's hard not to find something to do. Also you can check out El Culto which is a punk/metal swap meet that is goofy as hell, but it's right next to the famous Vasconcelos library. I would also make a reservation to go see Luis Barragan's house.

My favorite bougie restaurants are:
El Expendio de Maiz Sin Nombre (Experimental no menu dishes in a old school style kitchen, it literally has like 10 seats)
Bosforo (Technically not a restaurant but has the best Mezcal in the city and next to it is a nameless restaurant serving pre-columbian inspired dishes)
Rosetta, not fully Mexican but very creative dishes using locally sourced items.
Paramo (right above El Expendio)
Tamales Madre (Amazing tamales using interesting combinations both sweet and savoury)

Not Bougie:
Go to San Angel and find some tacos de canasta
Tacos Arabes and Tacos de al Pastor, there are so many places that you'll never find a straight answer of where to get some however in historic core there are a lot of good places.
Quesadilla sin queso (The rest of the republic makes fun of them for it since it just doesn't make sense but why the hell not)
Cafe Tacuba (one of the older restaurants, if not the oldest, in Mexico City)

Mexico City is not my favorite place in Mexico, but it's undeniably the most full of energy. I spent some time there and although I would probably never live there, it will always have a charm and creative energy that I will always love.

juanandresqo

Reaction score
Which one have you been eyeing? The one that caught my eye is from Capra, a SF affiliate (I’ve nothing to do with them BTW). Looks great for the price IMO, reminds me of the Cucinelli ones I see at Mr Porter for 10x the price.

Hi,
I saw that you finally decided on a Capra duffle bag. Thank you.

A few years ago, I designed our duffle bag, and it’s one of my favorite pieces. The hand stitched handles are one of a kind. I recently added the option of a shoe compartment based on a customer’s request.

Would love to hear your feedback on the official thread.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads