• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As the J Crew expert in this thread, any standouts?

I'm liking these:

BK037_YD1925_m

BI897_SU9766_m

BG933_HT0803_m

BK783_PT2329
BK820_BL8133

BJ176_WZ2093

BJ175_WZ2095

They also threw up another Kenmare in guncheck (looks ok):

BK195_WZ2116_m

They also have some LL Bean-style chamois workshirts. And they have a restock (only in Regular) for the alpaca geo sport coat.

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I wanted some straight trousers and I bought these from Arket.

app006prod

app006prod

And then I noticed that the description said they were suit trousers (I was just browsing the Trousers section when I came across these).

I like the fit and the fabric (wool/cotton blend), and I was planning to wear them with white sneakers and such. But the fact that they're part of a suit is throwing me off.

I was googling "difference between dress trousers and suit trousers" and they kinda say that the fabric is the giveaway, but I was precisely looking for a thin-ish fabric that draped well and wasn't too warm. Should I just go for some cotton twill ones instead?

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why is the name of it throwing you off?
If they didn’t call them “suit trousers” would you care? It’s literally just the description they’ve given them.
It sounds as if you like them and they fit your need so you’re good to go.
I also wouldn’t agree that the fabric indicates they are a suit or not. Suits come in all fabrics. A better criteria would be that it comes with a matching jacket with lapels and 1-4 buttons.

kashmir

Reaction score
So I wanted some straight trousers and I bought these from Arket.

app006prod

app006prod

And then I noticed that the description said they were suit trousers (I was just browsing the Trousers section when I came across these).

I like the fit and the fabric (wool/cotton blend), and I was planning to wear them with white sneakers and such. But the fact that they're part of a suit is throwing me off.

I was googling "difference between dress trousers and suit trousers" and they kinda say that the fabric is the giveaway, but I was precisely looking for a thin-ish fabric that draped well and wasn't too warm. Should I just go for some cotton twill ones instead?

it's fine, wool-cotton blend is less suit-y in general. fabrics like sleek worsted wool are worse offender in this regard. and even then, trousers are less strict- I won't wear a jacket in that exact fabric without wearing matching trousers, but trousers alone is ok

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@peachfuzzmcgee don't panic, the ebay thing is just a big ******* problem if you have a contractor/business etc. and they start auditing that, otherwise, what? You owe like $200 in back taxes?

When they audit, it's usually a few years worth, and I really don't want to get all of my history combed through.

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Moving into a new place that has a rare commodity in NY called space! Want to get a proper stand up clothing steamer, sick of using the dinky hand held wand. Anyone have recs?

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A normal w2 worker without anything weird on their return has an incredibly low risk of being audited

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads