• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m going to be in NYC this weekend for a suit fitting (cue SWD tailoring thread). Looks like there’s a possibility for a fair bit of snow, but otherwise reasonable winter temps. Am I good with Galways and a Polo coat with jeans for NYC snow or should I bring the bean boots and Patagonia down jacket etc.?

it will honestly depend on how much we actually get, and how quickly it begins to melt. i've seen a range of 4 - 12 inches ha. you might be better served with the bean boots as the sidewalks, curbs, streets can get pretty gross pretty quick.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree on Auralee and Lemaire, but I also really liked Kolor. Had to look up the Ziggy Chen collection because I hadn't seen it, but it looks really interesting.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lemaire (duh) was perfect as always.
It was a lookbook released during PFW but Umit B+ was incredible.
Jil Sander again was great.
i liked Auralee but wasn’t my favourite of theirs.
i also thought Zegna was pretty fun and this is the first KJ Dior show that I was really into.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
used to post a lot in CE, then I realized that my life is so much better when I embrace the ephemerality of the internet and just let it go.

edit, just happened to see this on twitter haha:

View attachment 1743881

I really appreciate the lack of politics around here, I tend to stay far away from it. Can’t win either way/you lose 100% of the time

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m going to be in NYC this weekend for a suit fitting (cue SWD tailoring thread). Looks like there’s a possibility for a fair bit of snow, but otherwise reasonable winter temps. Am I good with Galways and a Polo coat with jeans for NYC snow or should I bring the bean boots and Patagonia down jacket etc.?

Yo a crisp north face puffer, buttery clean timbs, and some evisu jeans will keep you warm while it's brick out, deadass.

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

What type of sole on the Galways? Double leather can be near fatally dangerous on wet marble in interiors, or ice outdoors. Commando can clog up and offer little traction as the rubber has no give. EG ridgeway soles are softer rubber and tend to provide grip more reliably.

This is also somewhat theoretical, as if NYC is going to get hammered, it could get seriously gross.

You might want to bring another pair of shoes for the actual fitting either way

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What type of sole on the Galways? Double leather can be near fatally dangerous on wet marble in interiors, or ice outdoors. Commando can clog up and offer little traction as the rubber has no give. EG ridgeway soles are softer rubber and tend to provide grip more reliably.

This is also somewhat theoretical, as if NYC is going to get hammered, it could get seriously gross.

You might want to bring another pair of shoes for the actual fitting either way
I was going to bring some loafers, as I wear those most frequently, but I have dainite soles on the Galways

Maxwellll

Reaction score
From mens AW22... Jil Sander, Hermes, Lemaire, Ami, Paul Smith, Fendi, B+ Umit Benan, Auralee, Brioni plain but nice, was interested to see what Nigo would do with Kenzo but wasnt really that taken with it.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well all I have to say is that there are two things I can’t stand in this world…people who are insensitive of other peoples cultures and the Dutch

Reminds me of this gem:

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Isn’t that an Austin Powers quote?

1643235312068.gif

I also believe that there are people on this world who don’t love their fellow human beings, I hate those people

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
So my purchase goal for 2022 is to get a RRL hand knit cardigan. I won’t pay retail though, esp. being in Europe (more expensive). There’s this small shop in Europe that has one from at least 2 seasons ago (if not more) in my size but with zero discount.

Would it be in bad taste asking whether they’d consider making a discount, being an older item sitting there for a good while?

I was pretty disappointed to find out that the 2k “hand knitted” cardigan from RRL I had my eye on was made in china and not USA

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads