• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

heebalabala

Reaction score
Also, on Discord you don't have to worry about double posting!

Came here to ask: how do people wear their band t-shirts? I have the feeling this was discussed recently but can't find the conversation again. Lately I've been really into stoner rock and I would love to buy some t-shirts and support the artists, but last time I wore one was in my teens, with jeans and converse. I can totally do that again, but now that I'm in my 30s I feel like I'm cosplaying my younger self.
I don't like layering over band tees because you're hiding the awesomeness but then again I live in a warm climate. When I do layer, it's under vintage military shirts or faded jean jackets. For pants I usually go with well-worn 501s (blue or black) or fatigues with legit distressing -- no faux.

IMG_78623.jpeg

ilikethelights

Reaction score
I've come full circle after wearing mostly only band tees in my 20s, selling/donating almost all of them in the last decade and now buying tour shirts and bootlegs from the instagram sellers making limited high quality ones. Generally been wearing the open shirt of some type with them and jeans.

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think some streetwear outfits (like real streetwear and not SWD) look best with new sneakers, such as very crisp AF1s or Jordans.
we don’t do dirty kicks man. That’s a no no
I see it in the treatment of Air Forces across different groups in the street and it's one of the most interesting things in street style to me. I know dudes who won't wear the same pair of uptowns more than five times, others who have 20+ pairs of them. First scuff or crease and they're gone. Vastly different things being signaled even with the same shoes.
seeing cwgs in nyc absolutely fry their white uptowns like a pair of chucks ?

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
seeing cwgs in nyc absolutely fry their white uptowns like a pair of chucks ?
Had to google “cwgs” and first came up with Colorado Water Garden Society before finally arriving at what I believe is the correct answer.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I must be super uncool, but I don't understand this sentence. Please translate.

A certain kind of white woman is known for wearing white Air Force 1s and many wear them until the shoes are beaten to death, which is generally considered a no-no among streetwear guys, especially Black youths who made the style cool in the first place.

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
heeeere we go

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads