• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
GRP

Inis Meain

Drake's

I like my Inis Meain (wool), Rototo (polyester), and Jackman (cotton) beanies a lot.
Inis Meain are real thick and warm. I got a Drake's lambswool for Christmas that's lighter weight but still warm (warmer than a Carhartt acrylic at least)

thanks folks, I'll look into those, I need something to go w/dark style stuff like RO/CCP/BBS

el Bert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chamula makes some really nice ones but they’re usually more fairs isle/mountain wear style. But the quality is top notch. Thick and soft. They do really have a handmade quality.

91123B69-B3D7-47C7-903D-1328B3984B0F.jpeg

NMWA does have these though which are nice.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Chamula makes some really nice ones but they’re usually more fairs isle/mountain wear style. But the quality is top notch. Thick and soft. They do really have a handmade quality.

View attachment 1736480

NMWA does have these though which are nice.

I think that beanie would make for one hilarious fit pic from me in a mask w/everything dark + super bright beanie

el Bert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They have different styles and colors ? don’t you already cover your face with your avatar anyway.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
knit one up ! a beanie will prob take 2 or 3 evenings

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I wear:

Drake's: Pretty standard weight and design, which makes it go well with a lot of CM outfits
Rick Owens: Fuzzy and weird, although I assume designs change every season
GRP: Big and chunky. Among the softer ones I own, which means you can pull the cap over your eyes at airports when you're trying to sleep
Buzz Rickson: Modeled after naval watch caps. Has a faux navy-issued tag on the side. Good with workwear
Ganni: A womenswear brand, but beanies are unisex. Still, since it's mainly aimed at women, they're big and chunky, as many women's beanies are. I find a chunkier beanie goes well with chunkier outerwear, as it helps balance things out

Universal Works has some on sale right now that I almost bought, but the (reasonable) price for international shipping made me pass. Columbia Knit in Portland also makes cheap ones for like $10, but they're cotton instead of wool. Still, easy to experiment with colors for $10 if you're on the fence about wearing something bright like orange or whatever.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have yet to find a better beanie than Carhartt. $16 from Farm and Fleet.

In terms of other cheap ones, I have a perfectly good one from Muji, that I got in one of their sales for next-to-nothing. There's really nothing complicated about beanies (or toques as Canadians call them).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads