• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The best plot twist in the history of SF threads when Matt chimes in post 151 :lurk:

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I grabbed a couple items from the collection, including the crazy loud orange Harris Tweed trousers. I was really tempted to grab the matching tweed sportcoat or CPO shirt but decided to hold off since who knows when I’d actually ever wear one of those. They do look fun though…

I think the “Wes Anderson” comparison was a pretty good one.

FWIW, when the collection first dropped, most everything was about 20% cheaper on the J. Press website (though they had a smaller selection). About 20 minutes or so after I made my purchases though, I noticed J. Press had raised their prices to match the prices on the Todd Snyder site.
you have to post a fit pic with those. or PM me. I really want to see them IRL.

I lack the creative vision to see how I could pull them off.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I grabbed a couple items from the collection, including the crazy loud orange Harris Tweed trousers. I was really tempted to grab the matching tweed sportcoat or CPO shirt but decided to hold off since who knows when I’d actually ever wear one of those. They do look fun though…

I think the “Wes Anderson” comparison was a pretty good one.

FWIW, when the collection first dropped, most everything was about 20% cheaper on the J. Press website (though they had a smaller selection). About 20 minutes or so after I made my purchases though, I noticed J. Press had raised their prices to match the prices on the Todd Snyder site.
I love the orange Harris Tweed chore coat. I think I’ll make one for myself this winter…

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought about it for two days and then I gave in and ordered the orange Harris Tweed chore coat and trousers - because basically this is the kind of thing I have always wanted and which simply doesn't exist most of the time and if I didn't get them I would really regret it. This is my first new clothing purchase in quite a while. And yes, I will probably wear them together. This may not surprise people here... ;)

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you have to post a fit pic with those. or PM me. I really want to see them IRL.

I lack the creative vision to see how I could pull them off.

I don’t know that I can pull them off either but I’m certainly willing to try!

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yo I want them too, but I have my eyes on other things too, I feel like they would look pretty sick with some slip on vans for some skater-y vibes.

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
holy **** this was almost as entertaining as bespoke denim shirts
meanwhile my man is throwing up fits with a hawk
That’s it, I give up. I’ll never achieve this level of greatness because I can’t afford to jawnz on a fuckin HAWK
Yo I want them too, but I have my eyes on other things too, I feel like they would look pretty sick with some slip on vans for some skater-y vibes.
Was seriously considering as well but then I got the chance to get an indigo jumpsuit from Blluemade and I think that fits the same hole in my wardrobe.

GT-R

Reaction score
Duuuuuudes!!
Who knows where to get skinny corduroy trousers? SLP skinny.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Price is prohibitive + they don't sell corduroys right now.

If you're not opposed to buying used keep an eye out for a 2015 D02 corduroy model. In my opinion the D02 fit during the Hedi era was better and I believe that's the only year he made them in the corduroy version. They're not hyped at all so you should be able to find them for a good price at some point. They were also made in the D01 fit which is a slim fit instead of skinny that you might be interested in.

You can also simply go for current era cords but like I said the fit is different.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Duuuuuudes!!
Who knows where to get skinny corduroy trousers? SLP skinny.
Get a pair with stretch in it and size down?

GT-R

Reaction score
Get a pair with stretch in it and size down?
Sizing down when you're 28 inches in the waist, and most retailers already barely stock that size ?
I do like this recommendation, however; someone should give it a try.

GT-R

Reaction score
Have you considered trying women's models?
I did try, and they squeezed the **** out *******. So, based on that experience, I've put that idea aside for now.
But I will say that the pair I tried were low rise, and I should have gone for a mid or high rise.

Actually, I'll try it again. Definitely worth the try.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads