• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you a lot for the great advice! I actually looked around a bit after your suggestion, but it seems to be kinda hard to find something like that here in the mainland-EU (Even worse in my size). I feel like Etsy has a higher chance of having something, I should definitely keep on looking over there…
Honestly if you wear a denim jacket pretty often a new raw or selvedge one will fade fairly quick. I might suggest trying Benzak if you're ballin' on a budget. They're EU based and pretty good.
Don’t a lot of celebs like John Elliot?
I think this is like 8 years too late. That said, my Escobar sweatpants I bought in 2014 still have life in them. Albeit my gf wears them now for coffee runs

Nekusaku

Reaction score
Honestly if you wear a denim jacket pretty often a new raw or selvedge one will fade fairly quick. I might suggest trying Benzak if you're ballin' on a budget. They're EU based and pretty good.

But isn’t a raw denim jacket quite a hassle to wear? I got some raw Jeans and on some of them, the bleeding is absolutely insane. I would live in fear that it might stain all the lighter-colored tees I would wear underneath it.

Spehsmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, y’all made me look up this Amiri mess. Funny how the kind of crappy, gaudy rapper aesthetics of the last decade or so* align so perfectly with trashy Iranian vibes since, well, a long time ago. Amiri is basically every dude in Tehran who thinks he’s hot **** cause his real estate investments or his business importing Trident gum or whatever—yay, arbitrage—turned him into a millionaire overnight (or guys trying to play that guy). In short, gross.

*Not gonna do the whole “I miss [X] era of hip hop” spiel because, as much as I reluctantly admit that I am that guy, that spiel sucks.

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But isn’t a raw denim jacket quite a hassle to wear? I got some raw Jeans and on some of them, the bleeding is absolutely insane. I would live in fear that it might stain all the lighter-colored tees I would wear underneath it.
I always soak my raw stuff once to get rid of the excess indigo before I wear em. Seems to help a lot with that.
Damn, y’all made me look up this Amiri mess
I’m actually sorry for this one. Amiri is truly horrendous

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
DCD2A59F-0E34-4B31-900B-2823E13052FB.jpeg

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
On the subject of sneakers what are people wearing these days for high top fashion sneakers (not nike, Adidas, etc)?
I have ramones mainline, drkshdw lacquered denim ramones (most wear), BBS bamba in brown horse.

I hated what balenciaga did with the whole dad sneaker look. The only things I liked for high tops have been Amiri's Skeleton Dunks.

what's everyone else wearing?

@dieworkwear jokes aside, you do any blogs or have thoughts on sneakers?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@dieworkwear jokes aside, you do any blogs or have thoughts on sneakers?

I used to do a "Ten Great Sneakers for Spring" post every year until COVID hit. The styles generally center around Put This On type styles (so classic or classic adjacent).

Also wrote a post about retro-runners, but that goes with a sort of Rugged Ivy look that I'm not sure is your thing.

And then a post about sneakers I personally wear.

I tried to get a pair of those ALD x New Balance 550s in green but wasn't able to get a pair and don't want to pay resale price. I think they look great though.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You look at the new Rick Owens x Converse?

Ann D often makes good high tops.

funny you mention those, i already ordered them

but they might not be my cup of tea, not sure yet

I used to do a "Ten Great Sneakers for Spring" post every year until COVID hit. The styles generally center around Put This On type styles (so classic or classic adjacent).

Also wrote a post about retro-runners, but that goes with a sort of Rugged Ivy look that I'm not sure is your thing.

And then a post about sneakers I personally wear.

I tried to get a pair of those ALD x New Balance 550s in green but wasn't able to get a pair and don't want to pay resale price. I think they look great though.

Thanks i took a look at all the links, a lot of the sneakers are more classic style, but a few things caught my eye.
  1. Salomon jumped out at me, i liked those, maybe should look closer to the BBS x Salomon collab
  2. Visvim Bamboo Skagways - i remember looking at that post and the sneakers, haven't been able to find them as of recent but i do like those
  3. Common Projects B-Ball Highs - maybe in black

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only sneakers I currently rock are Salomon trail and road runners. Honestly they rock, look good, versatile and I use em both for fashion and for exercise.

I think if I bought any new sneakers in the high fashion realm, it would be the visvim skagways even though they are just fancy converse. If I see a good deal I may jump on em in the future

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The only sneakers I currently rock are Salomon trail and road runners. Honestly they rock, look good, versatile and I use em both for fashion and for exercise.

I think if I bought any new sneakers in the high fashion realm, it would be the visvim skagways even though they are just fancy converse. If I see a good deal I may jump on em in the future

couldn’t find a good pair of skagways right now, maybe lightly used some are around.

I honestly was surprised afew years back when I saw salomon sneakers and they looked good, never thought of that company as “fashion” but things change.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads