• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Was on a Tinder date once and this girl told me she only likes guys who “dress well and wear like Amiri and ****,” and I don’t remember the rest of the night because I drank so many shots just to not understand her words anymore

Sounds like LA

Nekusaku

Reaction score
Hey guys! I have been a silent reader for quite a while and finally decided to join today because I need a second opinion on a purchase of mine and I hope this is the right place.

I recently purchased this denim jacket and I am not sure if it is on the cool side or already on the tacky side of the spectrum. Please ignore the horrible branding, I would remove it if I were to keep it.

Kindest Regards

3F3402EF-E563-4768-A838-61298D4E80A4.jpeg
1ABA15F4-FF9D-4389-B08A-897D76E034E3.jpeg
9B09CD08-8E9E-428F-8693-380DCBF5424C.jpeg

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hey guys! I have been a silent reader for quite a while and finally decided to join today because I need a second opinion on a purchase of mine and I hope this is the right place.

I recently purchased this denim jacket and I am not sure if it is on the cool side or already on the tacky side of the spectrum. Please ignore the horrible branding, I would remove it if I were to keep it.

Kindest Regards

View attachment 1644752 View attachment 1644753 View attachment 1644754

If you removed the branding on the back, and the red tab, I don't think the jacket is terrible. That said, I think you would look better in an authentic vintage trucker jacket with that kind of wear and tear.

Have you looked on eBay or Etsy? If you search for the terms "vintage Lee 101J," "vintage Lee Storm Rider," and "vintage Levis trucker jacket Big E" you will pull up a lot of options. Buy from a seller that takes returns, as sometimes measurements only tell part of the story.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've been really loving all of their diff leather, suede, and hair-on options.

I will say, for loafers that are supposed to be fun, they have a very traditional sole. I wish they didn't have a super stiff leather sole but something more pliable and comfortable.

People ragged on ALD loafers for having a poron insole and a glued sole, but honestly it's much more comfortable. Which is great for something I won't wear enough to complely break in.

Is the camp moc sole stiff even?

I really like the look of their stuff but the whole “no returns, only credit” is such a mental hurdle for me. I’m never confident enough, especially with shoes, to cross that barrier.

Nekusaku

Reaction score
Synchronicity, I was just coming to post "You know what's worse than Amiri? -Dsquared2"

Yeah, in general, I feel like Dsquared is around Philipp Plein levels of horrible, probably still a little bit better

If you removed the branding on the back, and the red tab, I don't think the jacket is terrible. That said, I think you would look better in an authentic vintage trucker jacket with that kind of wear and tear.

Have you looked on eBay or Etsy? If you search for the terms "vintage Lee 101J," "vintage Lee Storm Rider," and "vintage Levis trucker jacket Big E" you will pull up a lot of options. Buy from a seller that takes returns, as sometimes measurements only tell part of the story.

Thank you a lot for the great advice! I actually looked around a bit after your suggestion, but it seems to be kinda hard to find something like that here in the mainland-EU (Even worse in my size). I feel like Etsy has a higher chance of having something, I should definitely keep on looking over there…

blacklight

Reaction score
Amiri is at the sweet spot of NYC scammer meets LA tryhard meets rap culture – a winning coalition for sales even as the rest of us lose in having to see it. As garbage as this crowd might believe it to be any retailer would be foolish not to go all in because there isn't a single baller outfit in North America complete without a pair of Amiri denim right now. Same spot Balmain was in at the beginning of the decade with their biker jeans. It also doesn't hurt Amiri to have the most important rap co-sign of the last few years in his pocket. (1:10 – NSFW)

Right now he, SLP, Dior, and Prada can do nothing wrong.

Last edited:

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is the camp moc sole stiff even?

I really like the look of their stuff but the whole “no returns, only credit” is such a mental hurdle for me. I’m never confident enough, especially with shoes, to cross that barrier.

Yeah and their sizing advice is absolutely useless. My best advice is to go tts if you're cool with then wearing an insole or thick socks, then maybe adjusting from there.

I will say, the quality on them is pretty good. The leather is fine, and the finishing is good. There are some small issues here and there, but it's Sanders not C&J so that's totally understandable.

It's a cool brand with nice people behind it, and I'm happy to support.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
I got an Amiri Cuban collar shirt a few months back and the fabric felt like itchy sand paper dipped in razors. Immediately returned and closed the book on that brand

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got another size of Blackstock & Weber loafers in, and can now offer some sizing advice. My brannock/tts is 10.5D, flat foot/low arches, probably closer to 10.25.

- the 10.5 B&W (the TF collab) which is sized relatively tts for my brannock, fits well with a thick sock, and is generally a fine fine fit, but def too big to wear comfortably with a thin sock or barefoot

- the 10 B&W (black grain) which is sized a half size down from my brannock, fit well in the length, but the outer part of my middle toes is catching on the sides when barefoot. I think this is probably the right size, and with a shoe tree, should fit well overall.

My recommendation is:

- go down a half size from brannock if you're at or slightly over a traditional size (I'm a 10.25ish, usually buy a size 10.5, and I sized down to 10 for a solid fit)

- go tts from brannock if you're on the larger side of a traditional size (if you normally buy 10.5 but are more of a 10.75, go tts with a 10.5).

Overall the shoes have a lot of volume and are forgiving in width. Also, based on the sizing info formatting and the sole, I'm 99% sure they're made by Sanders.

View attachment 1644710

appreciate this! i really dig those white suede being released this week. though @willy cheesesteak told me he went down a full size from brannock so now i am unsure again haha. the store credit thing scares me especially with all the hype and me being a pretty standard size so the risk of something selling out before i can replace. i may just have to bit the bullet and visit the KITH store to try these on in person.

jaaz16

Reaction score
appreciate this! i really dig those white suede being released this week. though @willy cheesesteak told me he went down a full size from brannock so now i am unsure again haha. the store credit thing scares me especially with all the hype and me being a pretty standard size so the risk of something selling out before i can replace. i may just have to bit the bullet and visit the KITH store to try these on in person.

I was thinking the same thing re: store credit, but it does seem like they are working to release new styles fairly regularly, and I wonder if some basics will become better stocked over time, such that if in the process of finding the right size a particular style sells out, you'll eventually be able to use it. Playing the long game, I suppose.

shirtandty

Reaction score
Amiri is at the sweet spot of NYC scammer meets LA tryhard meets rap culture – a winning coalition for sales even as the rest of us lose in having to see it. As garbage as this crowd might believe it to be any retailer would be foolish not to go all in because there isn't a single baller outfit in North America complete without a pair of Amiri denim right now. Same spot Balmain was in at the beginning of the decade with their biker jeans. It also doesn't hurt Amiri to have the most important rap co-sign of the last few years in his pocket. (1:10 – NSFW)

Right now he, SLP, Dior, and Prada can do nothing wrong.

Whenever I hear about or see Amiri i think how it might of played a part in Pop Smoke being killed. He posted a video of a gift from Mike Amiri online with his address showing and hours later was shot at home.

Amiri is having a moment in the rap/hip hop scene, dozens of songs mentioning it in the last year plus. To me it is without a doubt the reason for its popularity, and not just in the US a few UK artist have mentioned it as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics