• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As long as Amiri keeps pumping out jeans and Dior, among others, keeps churning out sneakers, there is hope for brick & mortar retail.

Amiri sneakers are super cool, I just feel they look too much like regular dunks.

what’s up with their jeans? Haven’t tried

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
How you look in Amiri jeans

E6l1HJzXMAgyoGs.jpeg

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have not either. But they are extremely popular it seems, even with $1,000+ price tags. They sell out immediately at places like Saks, Neiman, Bergdorf, etc.
Yea I noticed.

I actually strolled into SLP and saw some real cool jeans for once. Haven’t caught Amiri in person but I think for jeans I’d go with RO at that price point.

I do kinda want the sneakers

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got another size of Blackstock & Weber loafers in, and can now offer some sizing advice. My brannock/tts is 10.5D, flat foot/low arches, probably closer to 10.25.

- the 10.5 B&W (the TF collab) which is sized relatively tts for my brannock, fits well with a thick sock, and is generally a fine fine fit, but def too big to wear comfortably with a thin sock or barefoot

- the 10 B&W (black grain) which is sized a half size down from my brannock, fit well in the length, but the outer part of my middle toes is catching on the sides when barefoot. I think this is probably the right size, and with a shoe tree, should fit well overall.

My recommendation is:

- go down a half size from brannock if you're at or slightly over a traditional size (I'm a 10.25ish, usually buy a size 10.5, and I sized down to 10 for a solid fit)

- go tts from brannock if you're on the larger side of a traditional size (if you normally buy 10.5 but are more of a 10.75, go tts with a 10.5).

Overall the shoes have a lot of volume and are forgiving in width. Also, based on the sizing info formatting and the sole, I'm 99% sure they're made by Sanders.

20210726_153947.jpg

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How you look in Amiri jeans

View attachment 1644706

I have to agree regarding the jeans, I took a quick peek and it looks like something I’d find in a mall brand (see attached), ive only ever looked at the sneakers.

occasionally some of those really high end brands that ends up at neiman, saks, etc, ends up being pretty nice but their jeans are a cringe.

A87CBE45-B42D-40F2-AAD8-445043297502.jpeg 930DB2FC-6860-4EA0-B629-8B456D0CBCC3.jpeg 6C1B9A26-6DF6-483F-99C0-D497EDEA35B8.jpeg 4DA67FE1-8575-43E2-ADE1-7A9ADF125096.jpeg

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

jaaz16

Reaction score
Just got another size of Blackstock & Weber loafers in, and can now offer some sizing advice. My brannock/tts is 10.5D, flat foot/low arches, probably closer to 10.25.

- the 10.5 B&W (the TF collab) which is sized relatively tts for my brannock, fits well with a thick sock, and is generally a fine fine fit, but def too big to wear comfortably with a thin sock or barefoot

- the 10 B&W (black grain) which is sized a half size down from my brannock, fit well in the length, but the outer part of my middle toes is catching on the sides when barefoot. I think this is probably the right size, and with a shoe tree, should fit well overall.

My recommendation is:

- go down a half size from brannock if you're at or slightly over a traditional size (I'm a 10.25ish, usually buy a size 10.5, and I sized down to 10 for a solid fit)

- go tts from brannock if you're on the larger side of a traditional size (if you normally buy 10.5 but are more of a 10.75, go tts with a 10.5).

Overall the shoes have a lot of volume and are forgiving in width. Also, based on the sizing info formatting and the sole, I'm 99% sure they're made by Sanders.

View attachment 1644710

I was just thinking today about testing the waters to ask for sizing advice on here, so thanks for this! I’ve been eyeing the black tassels as well as a preview I caught of a black mismatched pair with what looks like alternating suede and grain leather.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was just thinking today about testing the waters to ask for sizing advice on here, so thanks for this! I’ve been eyeing the black tassels as well as a preview I caught of a black mismatched pair with what looks like alternating suede and grain leather.

Yeah, I've been really loving all of their diff leather, suede, and hair-on options.

I will say, for loafers that are supposed to be fun, they have a very traditional sole. I wish they didn't have a super stiff leather sole but something more pliable and comfortable.

People ragged on ALD loafers for having a poron insole and a glued sole, but honestly it's much more comfortable. Which is great for something I won't wear enough to complely break in.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Amiri is a cash cow for retailers. Like it or not.

what’s the story have they been around for a while? I only know about them because Kirk Hammet thanked them for the bone sneakers on insta, I thought they looked neat but not sure if $650 neat.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don’t know much about the brand and have not paid attention to the collections. From what I can tell, the stuff is not for me.

But the brand has a devoted following. I have been in stores like Barneys and Saks when an Amiri shipment had come in and witnessed the subsequent feeding frenzy.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads