• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
So I’m going to post this here because the CM side frankly scares me. I’m cleaning out my closet (hence the horrible mess) and wanted to get an idea if this suit is too slim and/or worth saving. It’s generally comfortable and doesn’t feel restrictive. I’m not looking to get redlined here, just general opinions. My partner said she doesn’t think so, but wanted to get an idea from impartial perspectives. I could possibly take some better pictures if these aren’t great for determining this.

dawg this is chefs kiss perfecto **** cm guidelines

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think most people know that a suit is more formal than a sport coat, even if they can't articulate the nuances regarding tailored clothing. In my office, I can get away with a sport coat even if most people are dressed more casually.
I very much agree with that. People get that cotton suits aren't suit suits.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why would they change suits?!

1627124912789.jpg

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I’ve had to tell myself not to get rid of *everything* I have that is on the (moderately) slimmer side.

While I’m less into that stuff at the moment, I have to remind myself I might not be as crazy about looser fits a few years from now.

Have definitely burned myself before by getting rid of things too soon when they weren’t perfectly in sync with the style I was most into at the moment, then wished I still had them later.

Last edited:

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I’ve had to tell myself not to get rid of *everything* I have that is on the (moderately) slimmer side.

While I’m less into that stuff at the moment, I have to remind myself I might not be as crazy about looser fits a few years from now.

Have definitely burned myself before by getting rid of things too soon when they weren’t perfectly in sync with the style I was most into at the moment, then wished I still had them later.

If you are trying to keep your closet lean, I don't see anything wrong with shifting what you have every few years. As long as you are reselling, or giving it away to someone you know.

I keep some baggy stuff and some slim stuff though. Most of my clothes is self made or thrifted so I can ride whatever wave whenever I want usually since everything is cyclical and I can find things that work regardless of the current trend.

thatoneguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any places to get some good boro/patchwork pants/denim?

Etsy (probably a lot more stores I don't know about):

Brut, but not that often

YJP, I've searched stray cloth(?) (野良着) here, there's probably a lot more to be found where stray cloth term is not used, you could try boro (ボロ) or vintage (ヴィンテージ) or old cloth (古布)

if you're looking for contemporary boro, cant help you there

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What does "the seller cannot receive messages" on Vestiaire mean, a suspended account?

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What kind of summer hat do you guys think pairs best with stuff from the likes of Christian Kimber, GRP, Valstar, Stoffa, Camoshita, etc?
I'm super pale so a hat is kind of a necessity for me. I love the Sublime rollable hat from NMWA in theory, but it was just so floppy and looked terrible on me for some reason.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe try the other sublime style (straw) that @conceptual 4est has been wearing for years. It's more rigid than the paper ones

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe try the other sublime style (straw) that @conceptual 4est has been wearing for years. It's more rigid than the paper ones
That's a good suggestion. I'll have to try to snag one next spring if you restock

Ugh was gonna suggest that sublime hat.

have you checked goorin bros?
I have not, I'll give their website a look though, thanks

Stoffa rollable hat? Or are they not making those anymore?
I actually have one! Really nice and I wear it a lot, but it's more of a autumn/winter hat, I think

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads