• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Saturday, I'll be three weeks in. Enjoy life as you know it.

The baby is like an enemy that has invaded your territory overnight and changed your entire way of life. No more eating dinner with your wife. No more watching your favorite shows.

Life under the baby dictator is exhausting, and he/she tortures you with sleep deprivation. You even grow to love your baby dictator. But day by day, you fight back, and try to reclaim your territory. You will win battles, and lose battles, but hopefully you win the 3-month to 6-month war.

Currently, there is no end in sight. However, the night is always darkest before dawn.

the wild part is, by the miracle of evolution and the our brains work, you will vaguely remember this phase and feelings associated with it by around the 1 year mark. By 2 years it will be completely forgotten.

mine is 6 years old now and i'm pretty sure i forget how to properly hold an infant.

because if everybody remembered absolutely everything they went through and how they felt during that time with their first kid, they'd only have one. nature is wild like that to ensure the continuation of us hahaha.

also take lots of pictures.

#dadcore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fire sidebar ads today...
4C25221B-896D-4496-8823-C10FF506F245.jpeg

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
@Newcomer 9 months in I can say the first 6 weeks were an utter shitshow. It got much better and I can confidently say I haven't been sleep deprived since early december at least.

and also, congratulations.

I'm happy to see this whole united-SF-dads thing happening. If an ice cream spill on a suede jacket was the price to pay, it was woth it.

Also, I recieved a bunch of Sapphire producs in the mail yesterday. I'll be washing the stain with Omninettoyant and will document the process for yall.

We almost had our kids around the same time man. Mine was in late in July under a rona spike here and my lady caught it at 8 months in and then gave it to me a week later....so I wasn’t able to be in the delivery room (sucked, but thank goodness everything turned out ok) but because of that I didn’t mind my new overlord and his sleep deprivation torture haha

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe this applies more to the other side of the forum so I'll post it there too...

I make the conscious decision to always refer to my hobby as fashion for that very reason.

The whole idea that style is what real men do and fashion is for lesser men is explained by the following reasoning:

- girls like fashion
- girls have cooties
THEREFORE
- men like style, not fashion

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Anybody got a read on whats a good short sleeve chambray button up? I forgot my band of Outsiders a couple years ago on a trip, need a good new option. Preferably around $100 or so

J. Crew?

true.to.size

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with Portuguese Flannel trousers? If so, can you comment on the fit?

Or, does anyone know of any US stockists that regularly carry their trousers, not just their shirts? It seems they are mostly available straight from PF, but I'm hesitant because of the prospect of returning to the EU...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads