• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can any English-as-a-1st-language person tell me that it means in the GQ profile when they say (throughout) after an article of clothing in the caption of a picture?

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it means that all the pics in the feature that have that element are referred by that initial attribution.

for instance the earring that shows up in several pics is annotated by the initial reference, and then covered by the addition of *throughout*. that way they can keep the rest of the references clean and efficient down the line. hope that helps

Reactions: XWT

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My fellow breeders, if you think your clothes are at risk, wait until you see what happens to your furniture haha! :eek:

Or their carpeting/rugs!

Rookoobay

Reaction score
new couch showing up friday, new (2nd) baby showing up later this year.

*this is a developing story*

Reactions: XWT

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Guys I was lucky enough not to have my kids destroy my clothing. But my son (super curious fella) will break **** within minutes if you aren't paying attention. I always tell friends and relative if you value it put it out of his reach. Sometimes I come back to the room and just WHYYYYYYYY.... its funny looking back at it

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't have kids yet, but learned the hard way I have to put away any clothing I don't want my cats shredding if I'm not wearing it.

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My fellow breeders, if you think your clothes are at risk, wait until you see what happens to your furniture haha! :eek:
This. Our kids are young teens and they still trash our furniture.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks!
Due in September. Really wonder how the sleep thing will hit (esp. since I am supposed to think at work).

Congrats! When are you due?
First off congratulations!

Also, on my end I didn't compromise much, but mine doesn't throw up a lot. I already wear mostly loose fitting pants so the need to accomodate crawling and getting on my knees was already taken care of, though I find that I need to re-tuck my shirts a lot more than I used to. I guess I'm also much more liberal with the frequency to which I wash my raw denim.
Congrats! For the love of everything holy get some nice quite sleep while you can!

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks!
Due in September. Really wonder how the sleep thing will hit (esp. since I am supposed to think at work).

On Saturday, I'll be three weeks in. Enjoy life as you know it.

The baby is like an enemy that has invaded your territory overnight and changed your entire way of life. No more eating dinner with your wife. No more watching your favorite shows.

Life under the baby dictator is exhausting, and he/she tortures you with sleep deprivation. You even grow to love your baby dictator. But day by day, you fight back, and try to reclaim your territory. You will win battles, and lose battles, but hopefully you win the 3-month to 6-month war.

Currently, there is no end in sight. However, the night is always darkest before dawn.

Last edited:

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Newcomer 9 months in I can say the first 6 weeks were an utter shitshow. It got much better and I can confidently say I haven't been sleep deprived since early december at least.

and also, congratulations.

I'm happy to see this whole united-SF-dads thing happening. If an ice cream spill on a suede jacket was the price to pay, it was woth it.

Also, I recieved a bunch of Sapphire producs in the mail yesterday. I'll be washing the stain with Omninettoyant and will document the process for yall.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads