• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The very one.

It’s a minor spill, and I still love my kid more than any jackets. Still, I ordered a bunch of Saphire cleaning products online this morning and will try to make my jacket look stain-free again as soon as I get them.

I don't know from nothing, but I should think less is more as far as cleaning goes. I've had good results with Sapphir Omnidaim. That and a pig bristle brush may be a good start.

And remember: ranchers had children too.

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know from nothing, but I should think less is more as far as cleaning goes. I've had good results with Sapphir Omnidaim. That and a pig bristle brush may be a good start.

I bought Sapphir Omni'Nettoyant so it's gonna be mostly the same.

I also bough saddle soap (not for this jacket), invulner spray, and a crepe suede brush.

The shoes on my last pic are also rough out, so I'm gonna need to care for that too.

And remember: ranchers had children too.

True fact, but did they have vanilla soft serve dipped in hazlenut dark chocolate?

cb200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to attempt to not buy clothes for awhile. I've stocked my basement with a year's supply of water and canned beans, back issues of Free & Easy, Jazz records and a latrine. The keys to my shackles have been entrusted to an old priest and a young priest.
Here's some heavy basement cozy dad style inspo
IMG-5482.JPG

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been going with Levi’s 527. Cheap and available. Those wranchers are exactly what I want if they would make them in cotton or wool (or linen? Won’t happen!)
Wow, full circle. Levi’s 527 are what I wore before styleforum, and I’m pretty sure I nearly got laughed off of here for them. Granted, I probably was also wearing a Gap sweater and Keen shoes...

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, full circle. Levi’s 527 are what I wore before styleforum, and I’m pretty sure I nearly got laughed off of here for them. Granted, I probably was also wearing a Gap sweater and Keen shoes...
I think I wore 501 when I joined. I wish I could find my old 501s, along with my og long sleeve polo rugby shirts....

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
I have been going with Levi’s 527. Cheap and available. Those wranchers are exactly what I want if they would make them in cotton or wool (or linen? Won’t happen!)

I believe I'm responsible for the wrancher thing on SF although I'm sure it bubbled up independently in several places, mods were into something specific forever and anyway I got the idea from someone involved with fashion design so...I'm still into it but it is very season-specific. Prada recently had a copy if you prefer designer versions, fabric was maybe more breathable and it was the same cut down to the knee but sorta straighter (so less 70s) after, which works really well too. Was hanging out with a friend one evening and everyone thought we had the same pants so it seems like the effect is very similar.

Last edited:

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
@LA Guy SF is the only website where I often get "a page in your browser is no longer responding" and everything crashes. This has happened on more than one machine using Firefox. What's up with that?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@LA Guy SF is the only website where I often get "a page in your browser is no longer responding" and everything crashes. This has happened on more than one machine using Firefox. What's up with that?
Nit sure, but @admin is looking into it. I've been getting this intermittently as well. Probably the cache has to be to refreshed ot something on the server side, I imagine.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
My little guy has taught me not to wear what I’m going out with until I’m seconds from leaving/take off when I get home. Otherwise I wind up with baby food on my shoulder 100% of the time.

Kids vs Suede though...damn I’ll run into problem soon enough haha. I had a close call with some boots not too long ago

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads