• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

cb200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been reading "denim's come back" and trend stories in apparel news for years after the rise of casual wear and leggings. Those died down last year. The denim news seems to be cranking up again. This one says high waisted? I was just seeing low rise (for the youth) was coming back the other day. Fashion flatland.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
younger people here (Amsterdam) are going quite all out on the 90s look, fun (but ugly in some sense). Denim is loose fit.

Same here. They all look like clones: puffer jacket or hoodie, washed wide legged denim, white low AF1s and middle part hairstyle like this fellow:

1618764315551.png

Not my thing but, as per usual, ymmv.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yea both clothes and hairstyles are spot on how "jocks" looked when I was in highschool (I was goth of course)

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same here. They all look like clones: puffer jacket or hoodie, washed wide legged denim, white low AF1s and middle part hairstyle
Same here, with optional Triple S’s if the parents are indulgent.

Panzer

Reaction score
I'm moving to Phoenix in 6 weeks and need to completely re-think my wardrobe. Lived in Ireland and Scotland all my life (except a stop-gap in Georgia for the last 6 months) so I've always relied on heavy layering.

So far, I'm thinking of stocking up on some linen shirts from Muji/Uniqlo (probably remove the collars on a couple) and some real/knockoff miyake plisse pants. Otherwise, the only heat-friendly clothes I have are some baggies, running shorts, and some og107s I need to shorten. I'm not ready to ascend to Regis-level baller clothes - maybe if I get into dental school

I don't even want to get into the crisis I'm having trying to understand what a casual dress-code is when I've only ever worn scrubs

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm moving to Phoenix in 6 weeks and need to completely re-think my wardrobe. Lived in Ireland and Scotland all my life (except a stop-gap in Georgia for the last 6 months) so I've always relied on heavy layering.

So far, I'm thinking of stocking up on some linen shirts from Muji/Uniqlo (probably remove the collars on a couple) and some real/knockoff miyake plisse pants. Otherwise, the only heat-friendly clothes I have are some baggies, running shorts, and some og107s I need to shorten. I'm not ready to ascend to Regis-level baller clothes - maybe if I get into dental school

I don't even want to get into the crisis I'm having trying to understand what a casual dress-code is when I've only ever worn scrubs

you can try the sporty look, check some of the Nike colla, reigning champ has great hoodies. You can mix that on days you don’t want to dress up too much.

Panzer

Reaction score
you can try the sporty look, check some of the Nike colla, reigning champ has great hoodies. You can mix that on days you don’t want to dress up too much.

Hmmm...I'm trying to move away from sportier looks. I used to have some W+H/Reigning champ stuff which I've sold or lost over the years. Come to think of it, I don't even have a hoodie anymore. I guess I rely on hoodie/jeans without it feeling stale after a while.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads