• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I had to cite a complaint it would be that the one really stiff/rigid part out of the box was the waistband and getting that top button through the buttonhole the first couple times was a literal pain. Once I got it through there and unbuttoned it and rebuttoned it a few times, it loosened right up. I wore them around the house yesterday evening and have been wearing them today and they've already loosened up nicely.
I'm glad you like them! I didn't have that issue with the buttonhole on these particular jeans, but I've definitely had it on raw denim with a button fly before. Glad they loosened up though. Mine definitely started to stretch already, I may have to try shrinking them a bit haha.
Those boots would go with Just Blaze's outfit here
Oh now I know what to listen to today on my drive

DubbyThaFerrgamoCZAR

Reaction score
Yeah it is.

Oh got it, I didnt know that was a thing until today.

Welp bought em. We'll see what happens. Only straight yes I got was from @bry2000 in the "Should I buy" thread

gardenvariety

Reaction score
What are some currently available brands with a vibe similar to A.P.C. and Officine Generale? Don't necessarily have to be french. I'm aware of Sandro but it's too rocker. I often hear Norse Projects and Our legacy cited, but OL is too out-there and I've been disappointed by the things I've owned from Norse. Looking for stuff that's more minimal and clean but well cut, think navy and beige, textures like wool, cashmere, raw denim, sneakers, military-ish jackets.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What are some currently available brands with a vibe similar to A.P.C. and Officine Generale? Don't necessarily have to be french. I'm aware of Sandro but it's too rocker. I often hear Norse Projects and Our legacy cited, but OL is too out-there and I've been disappointed by the things I've owned from Norse. Looking for stuff that's more minimal and clean but well cut, think navy and beige, textures like wool, cashmere, raw denim, sneakers, military-ish jackets.

Acne, John Elliot, Geller

MythReindeer

Reaction score
I'm trying not to buy gurkha pants. I'm looking for a reasonably causal, machine washable chino with a high rise and straight-ish cut, maybe a bit fuller. Something I can wear with boots, sweaters and sweatshirts, casual shirts, and maybe a tucked oxford button down if needed.

The trimmer two Casatlantic chinos seem in the right ballpark, but they're currently sold out in my size. I'd also prefer to stay closer to $100 than $200 if possible. Does anyone have suggestions? Thanks in advance!

cb200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm trying not to buy gurkha pants. I'm looking for a reasonably causal, machine washable chino with a high rise and straight-ish cut, maybe a bit fuller. Something I can wear with boots, sweaters and sweatshirts, casual shirts, and maybe a tucked oxford button down if needed.

The trimmer two Casatlantic chinos seem in the right ballpark, but they're currently sold out in my size. I'd also prefer to stay closer to $100 than $200 if possible. Does anyone have suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Carhartt WIP Master Pant, Bills Khakis, Taylor Stitch Democratic Pant

Bromley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mountain Khakis (~$90) in relaxed fit are great-- full, high-rise, sturdy and well-made. Rothco Vintage chinos (~$50) are my go-to. They're a lot better than they look on any website.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, guys, I did it. I spent two years earning a 4.0 and preparing a portfolio that got me admitted to my design program. I can officially call myself an outdoor apparel design student. Looking forward to two more years of studio courses!

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mountain Khakis (~$90) in relaxed fit are great-- full, high-rise, sturdy and well-made. Rothco Vintage chinos (~$50) are my go-to. They're a lot better than they look on any website.
Guideboat's stuff is well made and lasts forever.

Spehsmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bronson Mfg. probably has something you’d like.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads