• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

DubbyThaFerrgamoCZAR

Reaction score
Should I?

Screenshot_20210415-224048.png

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should I?

View attachment 1594262

Depends on how much you think you’ll wear them and whether your think it worth it, then, for the cost. I used to scour Marshall’s and Ross for cool kicks on discount. I feel you could probably find something similar to this at one.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
A buddy of mine wears RL boots like those with block-colored RL stuff from the '90s (some of its recently re-released). I think he looks great, but that RLX/ '90s Polo stuff isn't really popular on here. If you're going to wear it in that way, I think those boots can be cool. But you kind of need the right wardrobe for it. It's not as easy to slot into a wardrobe as a pair of plain field boots, chukkas, or service boots (i.e. the type of stuff talked about on here).

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If this is the wrong thread, let me know and I will go flagellate myself as penance, but I felt a pressing need to share how awesome these are: I got the Oni 20oz "Secret Denim" in the mail today (high taper if anyone cares).

Pictures really can't do these jeans justice, they're just so slubby and and the nep is there, but not overdone. Regarding the stiffness and comfortability factor...well they're extremely comfortable and soft given the weight. I figured they would be fairly comfortable because of the one wash treatment, but I can attest that they don't feel like 20oz typically does. They're less stiff than my other project pair, a 13.5 Cone Mills Selvedge from Bravestar which has 2 soaks and 3 months wear. So if anyone was on the fence about these because of the weight I highly recommend. They look dope as hell and they're superbly soft for the weight.

Included a side profile pic so you can see what the rise and taper look like. Apologies for it not being great, I don't really take side profiles often

View attachment 1593481
View attachment 1593482
View attachment 1593483

I got my "clean straight" versions yesterday and agree with your sentiments all around. They are fantastic and don't feel as heavy as I was worried that 20 ounce denim might. I'll try to grab some photos of mine in a bit.

If I had to cite a complaint it would be that the one really stiff/rigid part out of the box was the waistband and getting that top button through the buttonhole the first couple times was a literal pain. Once I got it through there and unbuttoned it and rebuttoned it a few times, it loosened right up. I wore them around the house yesterday evening and have been wearing them today and they've already loosened up nicely.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A buddy of mine wears RL boots like those with block-colored RL stuff from the '90s (some of its recently re-released). I think he looks great, but that RLX/ '90s Polo stuff isn't really popular on here. If you're going to wear it in that way, I think those boots can be cool. But you kind of need the right wardrobe for it. It's not as easy to slot into a wardrobe as a pair of plain field boots, chukkas, or service boots (i.e. the type of stuff talked about on here).

I agree with you here. The look of those boots kinda begs for the streetwear athletic look ie Acronym, StoneIsland or you can mix it into a RO/BBS look. But then if you do the latter why to go RO/BBS route to begin with.

I think those boots will need him to construct a wardrobe around them which is a bad idea IMO.

I am currently avoiding buying anymore boots and pants to focus on tops.

I got my "clean straight" versions yesterday and agree with your sentiments all around. They are fantastic and don't feel as heavy as I was worried that 20 ounce denim might. I'll try to grab some photos of mine in a bit.

yea its definitely depends on how tight the loom knits em, I remember someone mentioned the term earlier. IH also has heavy jeans that dont feel like the 20oz+

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I agree with you here. The look of those boots kinda begs for the streetwear athletic look ie Acronym, StoneIsland or you can mix it into a RO/BBS look. But then if you do the latter why to go RO/BBS route to begin with.

I think those boots will need him to construct a wardrobe around them which is a bad idea IMO.

I am currently avoiding buying anymore boots and pants to focus on tops.

I'm not really talking about techwear or RO/ BBS. More of a Lo Head fit.

Those boots would go with Just Blaze's outfit here

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads