• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It has to do with how it's woven and the starch content in the fabric as well, but also how stuff/scratchy it feels. I've been getting custom jeans from Soso for a while now, and their 18oz denim is stiff but also super soft on the inside. It feels like you're wearing fresh dickies for a few days, but the inside cotton feels really soft against the leg

def this, I couldn’t think of the right word as wrote it.

the strike golds are rough compared to other things.

Wrenkin

Reaction score
how much is an aeron these days?

US $1000-$1500 at retail depending on upgrades. You can get it for 40% off if you know where to look. E.g. a group buy, or just asking for quotes from office supply companies. They want the business.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
US $1000-$1500 at retail depending on upgrades. You can get it for 40% off if you know where to look. E.g. a group buy, or just asking for quotes from office supply companies. They want the business.

I don’t think I’m that in need of a 1k office chair, I wish

Wrenkin

Reaction score
If you’re in the US they’re very easy to find used. Less so in other countries. We’re still stuck in lockdown and I haven’t regretted having an Embody at home.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you’re in the US they’re very easy to find used. Less so in other countries. We’re still stuck in lockdown and I haven’t regretted having an Embody at home.

but what’s used price? Still 500ish? I am not interested enough in the chair to spend that

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any other denim heads picking these up (or the red cast)? Could make for a fun fade comparison

https://www.blueowl.us/collections/...denim-high-tapered-fit?variant=39286792912954

I’m tempted by these. The measurements and the slub look really similar to the Warehouse “Duck Diggers” I’ve been living in for the past few weeks but these (my Duck Diggers) are 13.5oz and it would be interesting to try one of these super heavy denims.

FWIW, for years I had one pair of Levi’s 501 jeans and nothing else. I had seldom even worn them for about a year and then #WFH began and when I went to put them on again I had lost enough weight that they were just falling off of me. So I sort of went on a denim buying spree at the end of last summer. I ended up with a pair of the Samurai “Cotton Project”, the Duck Diggers I’m wearing, two pair of WH Ranch (one of which I actually ordered in 2016 and finally just arrived), a pair from Roy, some LVC, Orslow 107, TCB ‘50s, Japan Blue, and some from Sugarcane.

The Duck Diggers are my favorite followed closely by the Samurai. The TCB are probably the best value though and I’d be happy if they were all I had.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have an extra of this shirt in 1 size up from what I'm wearing. Will give to whoever wants it and will cover the cost of shipping!

1b65d32.png

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
especially when I switched over to cargo pants to boot tuck and pop sneakers.
I just can't do cargo pants, every time I've bought a pair they end up being resold or donated. I like the way they look on other folks but then on myself not so much.
Speak for yourself. My aeron is upholstered with sandpaper.
I saved about $900 by just getting a chair off Wayfair that is upholstered with cotton just one step up
I have an extra of this shirt in 1 size up from what I'm wearing. Will give to whoever wants it and will cover the cost of shipping!
You for real? I'm curious what size if you want to DM me.
I ended up with a pair of the Samurai “Cotton Project”, the Duck Diggers I’m wearing, two pair of WH Ranch (one of which I actually ordered in 2016 and finally just arrived), a pair from Roy, some LVC, Orslow 107, TCB ‘50s, Japan Blue, and some from Sugarcane.
That is a pretty intense buying spree but you definitely covered some great brands. I also like TCB a lot. Japan Blue is a great value as well. The thing for me with Sugarcane is I've never been able to find something of theirs that fit me like I like. I really like their denim and my lower legs are just always swimming in fabric. I know you can taper jeans and I do have a good tailor, but I never really want to risk ruining a pair of jeans that nice by altering too much.

RE Camp shirts: I didn't see anyone mention it (although I admit I may have missed it), but RRL Camp shirts have some dope prints.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@upsett1_spaghett1 it all depends on which you get, the cut of course and how you wear them.

for me everything now is slim tapered for boots or sneakers to pop. I like the way things look and that’s how I wear them see below. SF will of course get nit picky but as always I wear **** for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads