• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love my feit chelseas. I have 2 pairs

I have a pair of their sandals, which I dig. For those, because they're unisex, the sizing was S-XXL and I had to go XXL. But this doesn't map to regular Feit sizing, I don' think. I think you answered this previously, but how did you size?

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went TTS, all their boots come with an additional leather insole and a cork insole to help with sizing. I wear it with the additional Buffalo insole. Some people find that sole to be slippery but I don’t. So if you find it a lil big or small, you can add/remove insoles as you like.

i like the thicker chunkier look of the feit Chelseas. It’s more workweary than rocker which I like.

kaizerpi

Reaction score
It is comical, she will often wear things knowing I will disprove just to see if I react. The pens and stationary thing is interesting, my girl is obsessed with those

My SO is also super into arts and crafts. But on the clothing front, more about comfort these days except when we go out for a date.

Someone mentioned PI earlier in response to your question, which is great. Also PF. And GV.

I personally love vintage ralph stuff on ebay. Inexpensive, and as long as you don't get something with women's bodies, pretty good.

+1 on Portugese Flannel

NO MERCY

Reaction score
Bump. Anyone?? I mean, this is SF after all...

There's been some good recs so far, but more to check out if nothing is catching your eye:

Monitaly makes great camp collar shirts, though their prints usually skew more "retro" or vintage inspired than modern.
Dashiel Brahmann
Lemaire always makes some cool ones if you want to spend $$$.
Check Steven Alan, they usually do a couple house brand versions every year and carry other brands too.
Battenwear
Pilgrim Surf + Supply
Dries Van Noten

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Not fond of the RMC shirt as I don't like the symmetrical bandana pattern. Also not into the cross like pattern on the front of the shirt.

You have that Sun Surf Duke shirt, right? How do you like it? I think @UrbanComposition also has it.
Love that shirt. One of my favorites from last year. Also got the Scott Fraser leopard print in terry cloth. Wearing it right now, actually.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey gang, just a heads up that I made a comparison thread of the Heschung Thuya VS the Paraboot Michael. I feel like this is brought up a ton, but no one has conclusively addressed this until now.

Please **** post here:

Kthnxbai

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My SO is also super into arts and crafts. But on the clothing front, more about comfort these days except when we go out for a date.
Usually when we go out on a date my SO will ask me to pick out their outfit. Which is always fun, I think womenswear can get a lot more playful

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree. I enjoy helping my wife out, but one must tread carefully. I’m lucky she’s pretty waify, which makes it easy as most designer-ish stuff fits her very well. I coaxed her into a slightly subdued Anita Pallenburg/Keef look for a date last night and damn...

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love denim, but I have realized that 16oz is the heaviest I can go and even then I still find myself wishing it was lighter. I don't like how stuff in that range feels. They are probably gonna be tanks though.

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love denim, but I have realized that 16oz is the heaviest I can go and even then I still find myself wishing it was lighter. I don't like how stuff in that range feels. They are probably gonna be tanks though.
That's a good self-realization. To be honest, most denim feels pretty light to me.

I'm generally about 14.5-16oz, but I've been wanting something fairly heavy lately (even though I know it might be a rough time of year to get into something above 14oz). Also never had something from Oni and always heard good things.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads