• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

vanmosh

Reaction score
I decided to take an early gamble on some product from Coconut Residence. It's nothing too extraordinary but the color selection is really on point. Hope it sticks around, would be interested to see how they evolve over the next few years. Between this, 11.11, Harago, and 18East (arguably) among others, really loving the emerging south asian influence.

Robb Report did a writeup last week: https://robbreport.com/style/fashion/coconut-residence-new-brand-1234601819/

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Feels like the CM side of the forum is just about shoes at this point. If you scroll through the front page, I think something like 50% of the threads are just about shoes -- different brands, styles, how to take care of shoes, etc.

It's weird to me how one specific kind of item has come to dominate the entire discussion about classic men's clothing. It would be like if every other thread was just about pants.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is it that fancy shoes are more easily quantifiable than good tailoring?

I think shoes are more "collectible", and there's a big fascination with that concept (here, there and everywhere). You don't see many people talking about "collections" of clothing like the do shoes and watches.

NO MERCY

Reaction score
There are threads for Buttero, Alden, Trickers, Rancourt, Viberg, Nike, Common Projects, Nick's, and Role Club on the front page right now. then there are all the brands that make, but dont limit themselves to, shoes.

Is it really all that different?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
There are threads for Buttero, Alden, Trickers, Rancourt, Viberg, Nike, Common Projects, Nick's, and Role Club on the front page right now. then there are all the brands that make, but dont limit themselves to, shoes.

Is it really all that different?

I think so, because they don't dominate the front page. It's not like every other thread is about shoes. The shoe threads are mixed in with other topics, whereas CM is basically just about shoes at this point (or so it feels like).

feliks

Reaction score
Yeah, I wonder if most CM users go bespoke/MTM for their suits/coats/trousers/etc and buy RTW shoes which lends itself to more discussion.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
all of the watches discussed on that side are sports models too. i don't think it's a great mystery?

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Feels like the CM side of the forum is just about shoes at this point. If you scroll through the front page, I think something like 50% of the threads are just about shoes -- different brands, styles, how to take care of shoes, etc.

It's weird to me how one specific kind of item has come to dominate the entire discussion about classic men's clothing. It would be like if every other thread was just about pants.
CM is less relevant now bc of covid. I take Teams meetings and even the C-suite guys are wearing bad biz cash with "office" backgrounds...whereas almost any "dress" shoe can be shoehorned, as it were, into a daily wardrobe except for opera pumps...

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Is @Alan Bee still busy over there?

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads