• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

cb200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3cb7a5b8-a9f7-11e7-ab66-21cc87a2edde.jpg

cordcore feels like it should have been a tumblr meme

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always thrift cord and then promptly throw it back into the thrift months later when I invariably have it sit in the closet untouched. I like the idea of cords but between duck canvas, moleskin, denim, leather, and wool, they never get worn. Dunno why, just don't vibe with it.

Last edited:

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love my pairs of made in USA Polo Andrew cords. Score for cheap on eBay, then have tapered to about an 8.5” hem opening. Super cozy and look good for when I want a baggier bottom fit. Corduroy is just another option to throw into the mix. I don’t see it as some big decision to make.

anonymouz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always thrift cord and then promptly through it back into the thrift months later when I invariably have it sit in the closet untouched. I like the idea of cords but between duck canvas, moleskin, denim, leather, and wool, they never get worn. Dunno why, just don't vibe with it.

Slightly similar situation except corduroy does make it into my rotation - it's just got a lot of competition that in the grand scheme of things, they get worn less than I originally envisioned

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I realize the fetishistic frottage that I am unleashing in asking this, but what is the appropriate shaft width for a zip boot? Related is the concept of instep and the general silhouette of a boot. I suppose I am looking for a boot that is rounded enough to wear with workwear while preserving some sleekness, which I suppose I associate with having a shaft and instep that follow closely the curve from my ankle to foot.

It seems to me that this pair do so for the wearer:

4708B3B1-5646-4D55-B842-9EC9F26FC9F3.png

83F763A4-27DC-43C9-82F2-F3E9CF1A5664.png

Whereas these are the same model on me:

02C9CE3B-7FE6-480C-A519-3A509C4E3918.jpeg

A2A9046A-C4C8-45F8-8CCE-A0CC6214C280.jpeg

The appeal of the Savas is in part their slimmer ankle and softer leather which is more likely to lay against curvature of the foot.

FD28DB63-6F8C-45C4-932A-7F25BBBEC4D3.png

So maybe I should just get the Savas?

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think those boots actually look pretty good on you and would probably break nicely. Roll those jeans down once more.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have two pairs of those Vibergs side zips and really like them (black cxl and mocha vintage). They're a good fit for my narrow and flat feet.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I for no good reason, hate Viberg. Can’t stand the lasts, can’t stand the marketing, and can’t stand the boys fawning over the 7th pair of cordovan service boots. Don’t know why, it’s full irrationality on my part.

When it comes to zipped boots and workwear, I’m more partially to all the avant garde brands like guidi, carpe, whatever whatever

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics