• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
I believe it was attempted, but they couldn't get it to burn.

1614887390811.jpeg

1614887416903.jpeg

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure where else to post this, but did anyone else see the insanity with Dayton Boots over at Reddit? Mind blowing, really. If I am understanding correctly, they openly scammed the Canadian government for pandemic-related support and potentially left a bunch of innocent bystanders with tax liability.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of the legendary charcoal nubuck Dayton Service Boots and like them a lot. But Dayton has always been a little shady.

So much for the recraft policy on my boots. It doesn’t sound like Dayton will be around much longer.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
did anyone else see the insanity with Dayton Boots over at Reddit?...If I am understanding correctly, they openly scammed the Canadian government for pandemic-related support

Woah. So tl;dr... Dayton encouraged people to nominate frontline workers for a gift, and gave both the workers and their nominaters a gift card. But also made them all employees of Dayton as “brand ambassadors” — so Dayton could claim they had tons of employees and scam the government out of their money.

Now the new “employees” have all received tax forms indicating Dayton paid them $32,000 in wages, which they did not...and must pay taxes on that amount.

Nice.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Woah. So tl;dr... Dayton encouraged people to nominate frontline workers for a gift, and gave both the workers and their nominaters a gift card. But also made them all employees of Dayton as “brand ambassadors” — so Dayton could claim they had tons of employees and scam the government out of their money.

Now the new “employees” have all received tax forms indicating Dayton paid them $32,000 in wages, which they did not...and must pay taxes on that amount.

Nice.
That’s how I read it yeah. So brazen!

The plaintiffs’ lawyers in Canada are going to eat Dayton alive, if CRA doesn’t get to them first.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have to assume that's a mistake or something. Who would risk a (reasonably) reputable and long-standing company on such a scam?

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Apparently, they bragged about inflating employee numbers for government funds.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Apparently, they bragged about inflating employee numbers for government funds.

This is totally crazy, if that's what happened. Seems like the kind of thing someone would do with a fake company, not a real one with an actual business.

e0d9n0b5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to assume that's a mistake or something. Who would risk a (reasonably) reputable and long-standing company on such a scam?

even if it was in good faith using the 'gift cards count' angle, they were only sent 10k max (two 1k certs per nomination, 5 noms max) and are getting t4s with 32k income listed. its literally the funniest scam i've ever seen in my life.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads