• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
they look like nashville hipster take on ccp tornados

thanks man.

I always saw tornados as a avante garde take on a cowboy boot and savas takes it a bit further back to a cowboy boot.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guidis are good with workwear, best even imo.
Same goes for most of those brands actually. When you take off the blinkers, artisanal and workwear stuff overlap quite a bit and can feed off each other nicely.

Polo MiUSA “Andrew Pants” from eBay have treated me well in this regard.
doppiaa has some big wale cords a season or two ago, might be able to find these second hand? no man walks alone also carried them but looks like they aren't listed on the site any more.

Polo on ebay is plentiful and often baggy
Uniqlo had a super wide pair in brown (maybe part of Lemaire??)
Vintage stores often have some if you want to dig in person.
Yeah, was going to say that searching ebay for "wide wale" pulls up lots of baggy, often pleated pairs, mostly Polo but some other brands in there too.
I was searching for the same thing about a year ago and ended up buying some from Lands’ End of all places. I got the pleated “traditional fit” and I think I paid about 50 bucks.

Thanks everyone!

I feel like "old Polo off ebay" is a good bet for at least 95% of my (our?) clothing needs these days.

Not a bad thing tbh...

I'll probably give a try to Land's End too @ChetB , all about that comfort waist.
@kjb love the fat wales on those, closest to what I'm looking for but the fit seems a bit slim. Will keep an eye on Doopiaa

verver

Reaction score
Vintage Abercrombie is what I think when wide wale cord pants is mentioned

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
FC06EC72-F925-4B27-88B5-778D1C2E300D.jpeg

These ads...

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh, haha, I guess it’s a real thing. Pandemic’s had me so far out of the loop, I thought it must be some cobbled together poison, poorly translated.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Oh, haha, I guess it’s a real thing. Pandemic’s had me so far out of the loop, I thought it must be some cobbled together poison, poorly translated.

Oh, actually, now I remember. I was thinking about buying their candles last year. I think the perfume line is new. But people have been generally positive about the candles, so I wanted to try them out.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
RFT: what happened to @notwithit?
Still around, haven't been replaced by an alt-right spambot (yet). Work got busier, been trying to be a less-negligent homeowner, spending time with adorable rescue cats. You know how it goes.

Glad to see SF is still here and everything's pretty much the same. I hope everyone got, if not the custom handles and chunky side-zip boots they wanted, the custom handles and chunky side-zip boots they deserved.
PXL_20210228_143257076.PORTRAIT.jpg

gant rugger
orslow
lynxpoint (one eye for maximum sprezz)
PXL_20210228_230627491.PORTRAIT.jpg

orslow
ro x birkenstock
lynxpoint x tortoiseshell

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still around, haven't been replaced by an alt-right spambot (yet). Work got busier, been trying to be a less-negligent homeowner, spending time with adorable rescue cats. You know how it goes.

Glad to see SF is still here and everything's pretty much the same. I hope everyone got, if not the custom handles and chunky side-zip boots they wanted, the custom handles and chunky side-zip boots they deserved.
View attachment 1566769
gant rugger
orslow
lynxpoint (one eye for maximum sprezz)
View attachment 1566776
orslow
ro x birkenstock
lynxpoint x tortoiseshell

I saw your last-online date as March of last year and was worried you had succumbed to COVID. Glad you are alive and well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics