• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@cyc wid it

Me and the misses swear by Stokke. It’s a bit cumbersome when it comes to traveling but the bag that came with it has been perfect

View attachment 1564108

As a new parent and I’m sure the OGs will agree....go easy on the clothes haha we went overboard and our little guy was wearing 12 month size clothing at 5 months....doh!!! I presently can start up my own buybuy baby clothing store haha

100% agree there, the clothing goes so fast.

pro tip for all kids, keep snacks around, they don’t know when they are acting out that they are just hungry. In fact this applies to adults as well, my car has nutrition bars for such events.

don’t be hangry, leads to bad things!

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@cyc wid it friendly advice.

every parent that thinks having a kid will be easy (not saying you do) is wrong. Thus, prepare for the worst hell spawn possible and if it’s not that bad then you lucked out.

Each kid is different, my first was easier than my second, it is what it is.

oh also pro tip, warming baby wipe device is good when you have to change a diaper at night and don’t wanna apply something super cold to the baby and wake them up.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@cyc wid it friendly advice.

every parent that thinks having a kid will be easy (not saying you do) is wrong. Thus, prepare for the worst hell spawn possible and if it’s not that bad then you lucked out.

Each kid is different, my first was easier than my second, it is what it is.

oh also pro tip, warming baby wipe device is good when you have to change a diaper at night and don’t wanna apply something super cold to the baby and wake them up.

The first tip is right on the money. I couldn’t have possibly imagined how hard parenting would be. My analogy is that it’s like the difference between reading about a gun shot wound and actually being shot.

I disagree on the 2nd tip though. We got two separate wipe warmers as gifts and they’re the most useless things I’ve ever owned.

My third tip - ignore all unsolicited advice (especially mine). Nobody’s kid is like yours and yours isn’t like anyone else’s.

Wrenkin

Reaction score
Diaper bag recs? Or pouch system that will work well with my existing backpacks etc? I could probably just repurpose my Porter 2 way since I'm not going back to the office anytime soon...

I have the Herschel diaper bag. It just looks like a normal backpack, but it came with a change pad, and has some extra pockets / side access. The game bag / tote suggestions above would also be fine. The game pocket idea is solid.

And +1 on not buying too many small clothes. A lot of our "newborn" stuff was never worn.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright brain trust, where do I buy big wale corduroy trousers out there (washed navy/blue and cheap if possible)? Workwear or CMish is fine but I need the big wale.

Right now, I'm tempted to give a try to J.Peterman (what a store!)

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The first tip is right on the money. I couldn’t have possibly imagined how hard parenting would be. My analogy is that it’s like the difference between reading about a gun shot wound and actually being shot.

I disagree on the 2nd tip though. We got two separate wipe warmers as gifts and they’re the most useless things I’ve ever owned.

My third tip - ignore all unsolicited advice (especially mine). Nobody’s kid is like yours and yours isn’t like anyone else’s.

fair enough

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are the best chunky-ish side-zips to go with Japanese repro and workwear? I'm late to the game.

Viberg is presently top of the list, although I can't find anything in a hue of smooth leather that I'd like. In general it appears a lot of the go-to recs (Kapital, Margiela) don't presently have anything out there.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What are the best chunky-ish side-zips to go with Japanese repro and workwear? I'm late to the game.

Viberg is presently top of the list, although I can't find anything in a hue of smooth leather that I'd like. In general it appears a lot of the go-to recs (Kapital, Margiela) don't presently have anything out there.

try Buttero

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I like and wear Kapital's Navy-Supply boots. Mine are brown. The boots are overdyed, so they take on multiple hues as the leather ages.

41E40B499B4D420999CA0BD67583F381.jpg

They also come in black

EK684_7__03660.1564055574.jpg

Nice round toe that I think goes well with workwear.
EK684_5__31909.1564055571.jpg

If you're based in the US, you can order a pair through Cotton Sheep in San Francisco. They can place special orders.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@whorishconsumer have you looked at the Our Legacy Camion boots? It may or may not be what you’re after, I don’t really wear workwear but I like my pair lot. The wider toe and thicker sole make them pretty fun with wider pants ime

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads