• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Every brands origin story:
There was something missing from what was offered, nobody made the clothes I wanted to wear. We started with pants, that had pockets for things like a phone and wallet, but also belt loops so you could wear a belt. Then we made them in black (!). We had orders from all the major retailers who wanted a pair of pants but just couldn’t find them until we made them.

#dadcore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Diaper bag recs? Or pouch system that will work well with my existing backpacks etc? I could probably just repurpose my Porter 2 way since I'm not going back to the office anytime soon...
Echoing the others, don’t get a dedicated diaper bag. Just find something with a few compartments to keep the essentials separated : food/bottles, toys/books, clothes, and diapers. With just one kid it isn’t bad and you will still have room for other stuff. It gets complicated and space gets cramped when you have a baby and older sibs to contend with. Super advanced level menswear dad tip- if you have a Barbour or similar jacket take two diapers and a small 20 wipe packet and stash them in the game pocket on the back (which no one ever uses anyway); it’s perfect for emergencies when all else fails, like a detective keeping a snub nosed pistol in an ankle holster.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Diaper bag recs? Or pouch system that will work well with my existing backpacks etc? I could probably just repurpose my Porter 2 way since I'm not going back to the office anytime soon...

Helmet bags used to be the "menswear dad" choice something like ten years ago. I think you can find them for like $30 at Army surplus stores, or online for about the same price.

1_a9ca1734-daf8-487c-918f-b087caf78ccd_1200x.jpg

Brady game bags also seem workable if your style leans towards heritage/workwear. They're waterproof inside.

tumblr_inline_mxibiiUUKe1qf0t7e.jpg

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
agree with @verver. I just repurposed an old jack spade bag as a diaper bag. Just make sure it’s something that can be cleaned easily as stuff will spill or leak at some point.
I had a Jack Spade diaper bag, and it's basically the same as a normal jack Spade bag, with special compartments that I never figured out anyway. just get something that is cross body, easy access to the main compartment, and a couple of outside compartments for all those little things that would otherwise fall to the bottom of the bag.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Master Piece lightning cross body bag too small?

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
@cyc wid it

Me and the misses swear by Stokke. It’s a bit cumbersome when it comes to traveling but the bag that came with it has been perfect

1614482926269.jpeg

As a new parent and I’m sure the OGs will agree....go easy on the clothes haha we went overboard and our little guy was wearing 12 month size clothing at 5 months....doh!!! I presently can start up my own buybuy baby clothing store haha

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads