• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same. The weirdest thing is that it's not even just similar. It's like they traced it and then added a star and some horizontal lines.

This is what they say about the logo in a 2012 interview on the @BandannAlmanac blog (https://www.bandanna-almanac.com/the-bandanna-almanac/blog/kapitalinterview2012):

BA: What does the blue hands logo symbolize?

TH
: “It is a symbol trying to express the Craftsman’s hands. The blue is denim. When making denim your hands get blue from the indigo dye, just like the jeans.” (laughter)

Kiro: “The original logo had a stripe on the hands, 25 lines I think… that is the 25 steps of how we make jeans. The one star means jeans. The craftsman, the indigo blue hands, jeans, and the 25 steps are what it symbolizes.”

I guess they forgot to add that the logo also is an homage to the long forgotten and so seldomly acknowledged artisans and craftsmen of the American insurance industry.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is what they say about the logo in a 2012 interview on the @BandannAlmanac blog (https://www.bandanna-almanac.com/the-bandanna-almanac/blog/kapitalinterview2012):

BA: What does the blue hands logo symbolize?

TH
: “It is a symbol trying to express the Craftsman’s hands. The blue is denim. When making denim your hands get blue from the indigo dye, just like the jeans.” (laughter)

Kiro: “The original logo had a stripe on the hands, 25 lines I think… that is the 25 steps of how we make jeans. The one star means jeans. The craftsman, the indigo blue hands, jeans, and the 25 steps are what it symbolizes.”

I guess they forgot to add that the logo also was an homage to the long forgotten and so seldomly acknowledged artisans and craftsmen of the American insurance industry. It's a nice touch, imho.
Yeah I read that too. I mean, it’s a nice idea. Coulda been worse. Lucky it wasn’t McDonalds.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They had a ring with that logo a while back. I almost feel like I should get it so I'm always reminded who my true overlords are.

DoubleDouble

Reaction score
Kapital is Japanese right? Why would they know wtf Allstate is?
Somebody probably brought it their attention and they did the Kapital thing and ignored it.
Papa Kapital taught karate in the USA. I don't think it's that unlikely that they saw a pair or hands they liked and because hands are pretty hard to draw they just traced them with a brush. The resemblance is uncanny especially on the left palm, but at the end of the day it's a pair of hands, it's hard to call it plagiarism even if it is traced. I just think it's funny because I associate Kapital with hippies and I don't associate hippies with… insurance.

deadbilly

Reaction score
According to a bit of a web search, allstate used the hand logo that is very similar to the Kaptial hands drawing from 1999 onwards, the older allstate hands design is different. Logo wikia wiki
Good-hands-logo-1976.jpg
Allstate-1999stacked.jpg

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kapital is Japanese right? Why would they know wtf Allstate is?
Somebody probably brought it their attention and they did the Kapital thing and ignored it.
There's a certain type of American who has trouble understanding that their cultural things aren't known all around the globe.

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know he is Australian, I was just talking about the phenomenon itself.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
someone here should get the custom title "i sweatergawd"

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads