• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Keanu Revees doesn’t wear shirts

hammerhead_corvette

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get jacket similar to this?
web_cast_coreyhendrix_fargo_570x698.jpg FARGO_406_6206r (1).jpg

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In this the wokest of years popping a character of an orphaned African who's rescued by rich European white lady and taught the ways of the city and then chosen to lead his homeland as a dictator backed by the military seems like might be worth taking a bit of a longer deeper look. History is complicated and messy stories that were told in 1930s might need some context...

Pretty good troll 4/5

DeafIdiotGod

Reaction score
If I had a Casentino wool coat and wore a backpack with it regularly, would that wear down the bobbles on the shoulders?

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Pretty good troll 4/5

Not trolling,Babar is a savage civilized in an unnamed city (spoiler alert: it is Paris) who goes back to lead his people as an absolute monarch, he renames the capital city Celesteville (his wife's name, typical megalomaniacal fashion). I have one of the later albums (Babar in Paris published in 2017) which is obviously wink-winking at an adult public by name dropping places and lifestyles that no kids would ever care about (they lsit Babar's favourite brasseries like La Coupole or Le Balzar lolz) but the earliest ones seem way more earnest.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've finally come to the conclusion that my KS traveler coat only looks good with Blundstones and Tyrol shoes. I'll prolly get Blunnies first. How do you size them? I'm a Brannock 8.5 and 8 in Alden's Barrie last.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
32849055-E924-4BDB-8075-01B2C64DB2B1.jpeg

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've finally come to the conclusion that my KS traveler coat only looks good with Blundstones and Tyrol shoes. I'll prolly get Blunnies first. How do you size them? I'm a Brannock 8.5 and 8 in Alden's Barrie last.

Really? @Newcomer has made it look great with a variety of footwear. I think any sort of boot would work well, plain toe bluchers too.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure about this take, doesn't seem like a good one to me...

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, to clarify, I prefer mine (which is pretty dark charcoal) with rounder shaped shoes like black Blunnies or Heschungs, despite the fact that Josh looks awesome with his Floyds.

Any sizing advice?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I have Blundstones in the 500 model. I'm a 9D on the Brannock and took a size 8 in this model. However, online guides broadly suggest only going a half size down. I went a full size down just because that's what a friend of mine took, and the size ended up working for me.

Next time I see you, you can try mine on for size. They would be a half size down for you. If they're extra roomy, then you can just order a full size down.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads