• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, no way when my boomer back went that I could put on my socks or step off a curb let alone do KB swings.
I was thrown on my head the last BJJ practice before Thanksgiving last year. Didn’t think it was an actual fracture, just some minor swelling, in the back, and no symptoms of head injury, so I basically rested and used only the assault bike with no arms for a couple of weeks before going to the doctor. Turns out that it was about the right course of action in any case. In a way, I’m grateful, since it meant that I got a bunch of equipment, including my own assault bike for home, before the pandemic and those things became impossible to find. I also only started to do very soft drills in the latter half of February, so I got to practice a bit, but without any real possibility for further injury, right before the lockdown. A serious injury is never welcome, but if one has to happen, that one had lucky timing. By the time I was in Italy in early January, my back felt much better, but fatigued easily, and it probably helped me take things a bit easier than I normally do at Pitti Uomo. Since it’s thanksgiving, I’m thankful that I had that time in Italy, got to eat with @gdl203 , @Cobbler Union , @Carmina , @spiermackay , @ArchibaldLondon , @ArchibaldRoh , and a bunch of others, and also got to take my wife to Rome for her first time.

None of us really saw the hard rest of 2020 coming at that time.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
30-60 minutes on the Peloton per day has been my pandemic workout. Hell of a way to stay in shape (or get in shape quickly, if you were me last winter)
I alternate between the assault bike (11-15 miles, or tabatas)) and the rower (8-9 K, in set splits). Then some kettlebell and weight work. A few minutes of BJJ solo drills, and that's it. In total, about 1:15 a day, 4-5 days a week, depending on the week.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Our gyms closed for about 3.5 weeks back in April. But have been open fully since then. I do the same **** I've been doing for 5 years, squat bench deadlift with linear progression.

speaking of back pain, I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow to check my fairly new, horrible tinnitus, which I assume is driven by neck and jaw pain, most likely caused by 9 months of working from a kitchen chair and the ongoing pandemic... Anyone successfully dealt with any of that? I got a new pillow, and ordered an office chair, but what else.

Do you think the Tinnitus is related to neck tightness? Could just be music listening volume and concerts. I have bad Tinnitus because I saw really loud bands like Slep play.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you think the Tinnitus is related to neck tightness? Could just be music listening volume and concerts. I have bad Tinnitus because I saw really loud bands like Slep play.

Yea since it's pretty much developed the last number of months, definitely lacking in loud concerts. I can also modulate the tinnitus a lot by moving my jaw, which apparently, according to google, suggests it's somatic. Might be related to jaw clenching or something like that, which also might explain neck and headaches. That's my hope at least since it implies the tinnitus could be reduced with the right treatment/exercises.

verver

Reaction score
Only good thing about pandemic was that I played tons of tennis at our tennis club. Lost weight, got cut, decreases stress. Wife does peloton religiously, and also tennis. We both loved orange theory Pre COVID, but we’re going back until....hopefully there’s an end in sight

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yea since it's pretty much developed the last number of months, definitely lacking in loud concerts. I can also modulate the tinnitus a lot by moving my jaw, which apparently, according to google, suggests it's somatic. Might be related to jaw clenching or something like that, which also might explain neck and headaches. That's my hope at least since it implies the tinnitus could be reduced with the right treatment/exercises.

Nice, let me know how you get along. I sometimes wondered if my tinnitus is related to my lifting weights. But the ear doctors I've seen so far don't think there's a correlation.

LeBeef

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The anonymous robopose struggle

2002F4CB-DC45-4007-B5CF-086009DC0AA2.jpeg

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been doing nothing but body weight exercises. It’s been painful and fun, I’m a pretty skinny guy and really the only reason I started working out was because I need people to know that there is nothing to hide under these sick oversized layers of high fashion.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Colhays looks like good stuff. They really like to cram their poor models into tiny sweaters, though ?

200721.Colhays.Web-91-blackframed_1024x1024.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads