• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mood right now:
1603992925205.png

(Salvador Dali and Yves Saint-Laurent by Alécio de Andrade)

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This is obviously about a lot more than fashion, but I thought this David Bowie clip highlights how different forms of fashion can simultaneously exist because of the internet today. (Something we were talking about earlier regarding trends)

happyriverz

Reaction score
Anyone has experience with restoration/de-odorization of clothing that have suffered smoke damage?

The water heater in my building's basement caught fire, and all of the smoke went straight to my apartment, which is at the level immediately above the basement. All of my jawnz now smell of smoke, to varying degrees.

The insurance company has not yet sent someone to assess the damages, so not sure what services/how effective those will be, so just curious if anyone has dealt with similar issues before.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Anyone has experience with restoration/de-odorization of clothing that have suffered smoke damage?

The water heater in my building's basement caught fire, and all of the smoke went straight to my apartment, which is at the level immediately above the basement. All of my jawnz now smell of smoke, to varying degrees.

The insurance company has not yet sent someone to assess the damages, so not sure what services/how effective those will be, so just curious if anyone has dealt with similar issues before.

rave fabricare has a special machine to deal with exactly that issue

happyriverz

Reaction score
rave fabricare has a special machine to deal with exactly that issue

thanks -- I've used them before for my wife's evening wear stuff -- and that is one option I'm looking into (assuming insurance will reimburse some of it). Just curious to see if anyone here has gone through a similar ordeal and how they've dealt with it.

Bromley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quartersnacks' "Politics of Pants in Skateboarding" is great.

"Honestly, a lot of the look that I’m into comes from women’s clothing. Like, check out a girl’s pair of pants walking down the street in New York City or in LA right now. If it’s a guy and a girl, most likely the dude is wearing skinny jeans and the girl has high-waisted, super-wide pants on. I love the way that looks... I love it because girls aren’t afraid to be fashionable, and dudes are terrified of it."

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

"Honestly, a lot of the look that I’m into comes from women’s clothing. Like, check out a girl’s pair of pants walking down the street in New York City or in LA right now. If it’s a guy and a girl, most likely the dude is wearing skinny jeans and the girl has high-waisted, super-wide pants on. I love the way that looks... I love it because girls aren’t afraid to be fashionable, and dudes are terrified of it."

I feel like that's most of fashion these days. The ladies look great, and the men look terrible.

This is the source of much of the confusion over clothing, IMO. If men stopped comparing themselves to other sloppy men and started making extra effort, they might actually equal their grandfathers for a change.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Protagonist (Stylefarmer 2016?) outfits in Queen's Gambit were pretty good.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Mood right now:
(Salvador Dali and Yves Saint-Laurent by Alécio de Andrade)

I don't think that guy is Yves. But he's got a cool look regardless. Excellent hair.

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Have you tried that guy's pants? Fit looks cool

1N7A4783.jpg
1N7A5283-1.jpg

Last edited:

Bromley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, but I'd really like to.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wore my Sage de Cret bunny coat to walk the dog this morning. Felt great.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics