• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

#dadcore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I truly hate this dude and the prominence he has in my IG explore tab. Literally the first thing I see for over a month. I wish there was a way to filter out all Reels, have yet to see anything but truly bleak and soul crushing content
77DE862A-A36A-42B2-B4AC-7218FF3DE2B7.jpeg

Symphony

Reaction score
I truly hate this dude and the prominence he has in my IG explore tab. Literally the first thing I see for over a month. I wish there was a way to filter out all Reels, have yet to see anything but truly bleak and soul crushing content
View attachment 1478707

yeah it’s things like this that make me remember why I deleted all my socials lmao

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
where are you getting your fabric masks? I have some from etsy and the local tailor, but its very hit or miss. Would like a readily accessible option, black, good fit (not small). Saw that uniqlo carry masks now, but don't trust the sizing.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like these two:
Outdoor Research
Hyperlite Mountain Gear

The latter I found worked better for me, I use the former now at home when working in the yard for things like kicking up debris etc.

Grab some filters from Outdoor Research too. What I actually like to do is take the filter and instead of unfolding it as it was designed for the Outdoor mask, kept it folded and placed it in in the Hyperlite mask--it holds well enough. Gives me a better peace of mind; Hyperlite I do not experience glasses fogging up but you may experience some gaping on the side. YMMV

@Superb0bo Both have black colors too

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
where are you getting your fabric masks? I have some from etsy and the local tailor, but its very hit or miss. Would like a readily accessible option, black, good fit (not small). Saw that uniqlo carry masks now, but don't trust the sizing.
The Uniqlo mask sizing is a mess. I got a few of them online in large. The masks themselves are comfortable and breathable, but the ear loops were really long and they don't have the moldable nosepiece. I cut and tied the loops so they fit better and added a nosepiece from a single-use mask, and it works great now.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My first mask outing was a pack of shorn sheets made by Matteo. They cost near $50 and came with non-elasticated loose ends. You could either tie them behind your head in one bulbous knot each and every time you put the mask on, or else spend hours finding the proper fitting for each ear before perma-tying each loop.

The only thing dumber is an $80 perforated leather mask.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Proper Cloth has black linen face masks available in two sizes. Both are designed to wrap a bit more around your face, so you get more coverage under the chin and around your cheeks. The top has a moldable nose piece. The middle has a pouch to hold a proper filter. The whole thing is washable -- both the filter and shell -- so you can reuse it. I just dip mine in soapy water, swish it around, and then let it dry.

6a45466a5a93405cb3167da422042543_large.jpg

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just dip mine in soapy water, swish it around, and then let it dry.

You mean you don't bathe it in the waters of Jericho while adorned in ceremonial robes and singing incantations from the Book of Boyer?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wear masks from Profound Co. for my face, at least, they fit well, and have a filter and filter pocket:

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I turn 29 today. Hopefully I can start getting my **** together before 30 lmao.

I just turned 35 and the only thing that's changed since I was 29 is I make more money and ******** is now an emergency.

If you haven't figured it out by 30, know that makes at least two of us.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads