• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
One Piece x Gucci illustrations are not bad.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have sizing experience with the Snow Peak insulated pullover? I'm looking at picking one up, but the store says the pit to pit is quite small (23.5" for an XL), is it a very slim fit? @zissou

SW-19AU009_Olive_main_333ceba0-d1fc-4f98-85dc-154df8cb8081_1024x1024.jpg

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Snow Peak apparel is more JP sizing than slim fit. For the most part, it fits smaller and/or shorter than clothes in US sizing. I’m usually a medium, but would likely wear large in Snow Peak. But, it’s all too short in the arms and legs for me.

javy

Reaction score
does anyone know if EMS/Japan Post has resumed shipping to the US? I thought they did but zenmarket is telling me that they're not shipping to the US still.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
does anyone know if EMS/Japan Post has resumed shipping to the US? I thought they did but zenmarket is telling me that they're not shipping to the US still.
Pay extra for DHL Express. It takes about two days from Japan. I have a small item coming surface mail, and the estimate is three months.

javy

Reaction score
Pay extra for DHL Express. It takes about two days from Japan. I have a small item coming surface mail, and the estimate is three months.
yeah the only reasonable option I have is DHL. Surface takes forever, FedEx is strongly discouraged by zenmarket for clothes, and UPS is ~65% more expensive than FedEx/DHL, so that only leaves DHL. EMS was pretty cheap and I would get my package within 4-5 days, so I was hoping to use that. I'm just surprised because I could have sworn that EMS announced they've resumed shipping to the US, but I can't find the notice on their (japanese) website, so maybe I'm misremembering.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EMS goes on commercial passenger flights. So, even if it has resumed, it is surely super backlogged. FWIW, I used DHL Express for shoes recently, and someone else here for clothes, with no problem at all, not even an inspection.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
When I officially start back buying clothes. I want at least 3 pairs of corduroy's

Somewhere in Sicily is a corduroy suit with my name on it.

And there it will stay until the tailor starts traveling again.

Symphony

Reaction score
thanks y'all for chiming in about the social media stuff.

its honestly gotten me inspired. i don't plan on getting back into social media, but from everything i've seen in regards to working in fashion, whether as a blogger or someone in the industry on the technical end, you have to have social media to build a presence or a following or some ****.

Last edited:

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for woodsy/mantastic overshirts or shackets? I tried a couple options from RRL but they didn't work for me. I have gone through DWW's write-up on the topic and none of the offerings of the brands mentioned quite appeal to me, namely because I find the patterns to be pretty fugly. I am drawn to the RRL horse-blanket motif, if that provides any guidance. I'd also **** with some tartans.

Chrikelnel

Reaction score
Any recommendations for woodsy/mantastic overshirts or shackets? I tried a couple options from RRL but they didn't work for me. I have gone through DWW's write-up on the topic and none of the offerings of the brands mentioned quite appeal to me, namely because I find the patterns to be pretty fugly. I am drawn to the RRL horse-blanket motif, if that provides any guidance. I'd also **** with some tartans.
Freenote Cloth? They have some horse-blanket-ish options.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

tony shirtmakers in brooklyn does some excellent shackets and overshirts. NMWA usually carries some options but you can also do custom through him directly. he has an excellent eye for fabrics. i have 3 in different forms and love them.

1601561452842.png
1601561474387.png
1601561549982.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads