• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are outbreaks slowing down in Japan currently? I haven't kept up in the last few weeks. I know there won't be any tourism probably for the rest of the year, but I was really hoping by spring travel might be an option if things are starting to get better.

Japan is doing well compared to western countries, but not particularly well compared to other East / SE Asian and Pacific countries, and no-one really knows why (it's actually one of the things I'm writing about at the moment...).

MeatFish

Reaction score
Yea I agree on keeping Addict sheep. That and the clint are my picks

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments, I came to the conclusion of .... nothing!! I'll at least keep all four through the fall and maybe decide once it gets too cold to wear them. A bit ridiculous I decide to completely pare down my closet and then keep a leather jacket for every day I plan on leaving the house in October

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments, I came to the conclusion of .... nothing!! I'll at least keep all four through the fall and maybe decide once it gets too cold to wear them. A bit ridiculous I decide to completely pare down my closet and then keep a leather jacket for every day I plan on leaving the house in October

The first is the best by far although the suede is also very nice. The double rider is alright and perfectly acceptable but nothing that really grabs me as it has been done so many times before. I hate the type II.

gardenvariety

Reaction score
Random question: Can I get a winter coat with a non-removeable fur hood trim dry-cleaned? I feel like taking it to a fur cleaner is overkill since the only fur aspect is the hood.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Random question: Can I get a winter coat with a non-removeable fur hood trim dry-cleaned? I feel like taking it to a fur cleaner is overkill since the only fur aspect is the hood.

If you sign a disclaimer.

Dieworkwear would tell you to try Rave FabriCARE (or however they style that). I’ve used them for a simpler job and they are good, but they are also expensive. You will pay for the packaging and return shipping, which will be $75 +.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@nicelynice what are the sashiko pants and shirts you have? Any recs for brands? Thanks.

Mine are Colina sashiko curve slacks and I absolutely recommend them! Colina makes some really nice stuff

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Curious what Rave would charge for that job. Have to assume it will be well north of $150-$200, before shipping.

I assume you spent a not so small amount of money on the coat and the fact you are asking to get it cleaned means you like it enough to keep it. I think if you truly love the coat, is there a price too high for getting it cleaned correctly while maintaining the integrity of the garment less someone mishandles it and skews your view consequently. Certainly, within reason and based on the type of coats and general outerwear Styleforum bros spend on, getting it cleaned should be a drop in the bucket, definitely compared to buying a new one I think.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads