• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spent the last 6 weeks doing a "workation" (remotely working vacation promoted and subsidized by the Japanese government) in Kanazawa City, wearing nothing but Patagonia baggies, t-shirts, and birks. Came back and found mold in on the clothes in my closet from the awful humidity here. It wasn't too bad, but ended up taking it as a sign I have too many clothes. Ended up cutting down to the following:

1 suit wool
1 suit synthetic material
2 blazers (Paul Harnden blazer, Evan Kinori wool)
2 coats (Paul Harnden mac, Lemaire)
2 jackets (field jacket, Paul Harnden breadmaker)
3 long-sleeve shirts
2 jeans (black and blue)
1 black sashiko pants
1 zip-up sweater
1 sweatshirt
1 sweatpants
1 sweatshorts
3 shorts (2 patagonia, one sashiko)
Patagonia rain coat
Patagonia down jacket
5-6 t-shirts
Also have some stuff I wear for hiking, but not counting that

...and somehow I still have four leather jackets. I honestly wanna get down to two, but no clue how I'm gonna cut these out

Any obvious leather jacket to nix here? Ideally wanna get rid of two

Addict sheepskin
C3S5Y6J.jpg

Valstar suede
UfrTa1f.jpg

Addict horse
ylsq0b4.jpg

Finecreek horse
0jncttR.jpg

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Spent the last 6 weeks doing a "workation" (remotely working vacation promoted and subsidized by the Japanese government) in Kanazawa City, wearing nothing but Patagonia baggies, t-shirts, and birks. Came back and found mold in on the clothes in my closet from the awful humidity here. It wasn't too bad, but ended up taking it as a sign I have too many clothes.

Couple things:

1. If you find mold growth on anything that can be washed, just wash it & it'll be fine, but if it helps you get rid of stuff you needed to get rid of anyway then I'm all for it
2. I've been tempted to do my own edit, but I've put it on hold based on not knowing what I may still want after covid--even though there's a bunch of stuff I'm not wearing currently, the need for those items is likely to arise again at some point

Still, your list is amazingly short. I thought I already had a small wardrobe but I'm not close.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the only things I ended up throwing out were Uni-qlo things that had no resell value and one of my wife's suits that was in kind of gross shape. The other stuff I either a.) washed in hot water and left out in the sun b.) took to dry cleaner or c.) wiped down and left in the sun (the leather jackets).

Ended up putting the rest of the stuff on Yahoo Auctions

DubbyThaFerrgamoCZAR

Reaction score
Men

1) SWIZZ BEATZ
2) TYLER THE CREATOR
3) MADLIB
4) TRAVIS SCOTT

RZA
Kenny Beats
Sir Mix A Lot
Trent Reznor
Nujabes
Havoc
Maseo (From De La Soul)

Women

) BJORK
2) WONDA GURL

Sarah The llstrumentalist
Missy Elliot

for real? what're your influences? i'm listening to the new youngboy record at the shop lol

Last edited:

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When I read that interview, Yohji kinda put me off, Rick seemed down to earth but Yohji seemed sorta high and mighty. Now who is laughing with this generic BS. Frankly YY and Commes has been boring as heck to me for a long time. Although I can never deny their impact.
Comme boring? Wut? Curious what you find exciting.

@nicelynice of the four, I would get rid of the Valstar and try to keep the rest. If you insist on a second, I would say the addict sheepskin. The FCL and the Addict horse are the two best (although both Addicts fit better than the FCL).

Last edited:

Maxwellll

Reaction score
Also, I dont f with D&G at all but there is some pretty top notch Ibiza-cocaine-yoga-retreat-sleaze in their latest 'Alta Sartoria' collection. I think they are just copying what Casablanca Paris are doing but probably done it better. Shame it has to be them.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@nicelynice I like the Finecreek least of all because it's a bit too fussy. I like leather to be have a bit less going on, and I'm just not a fan of Valstar jackets at all - but that one seems to work on you. The Addict Sheepskin is the least in-you-face, but I don't mind that. They are all so different. What's wrong with keeping them all if you wear them all?

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For @nicelynice, I like the Addict horse and the Valstar suede the most, and I like the Finecreek horse the least.

Personally though, the only one I could see myself wearing is the Addict sheepskin (but I'm boring when it comes to leather jackets).

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@nicelynice I would personally get rid of the Finecreek and the Addict sheepskin. The Finecreek trucker feels very repro workwear to me, which doesn't seem in line with your style. The Addict sheepskin looks kind of plain. I like the Valstar and the DR best on you. Plus, if you have to get rid of two, I feel like the Vastar should stay just because it's a different color from the others, which might help add variety to a small wardrobe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads